BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

In disaster lies opportunity

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan AsselinIn disaster lies opportunity
by on Jan 31, 2011 at 7:19:02 pm

Just thought I'd pass this observation along. For a great deal of time we have all been fretting about how clients are really into do-it-yourself video and the effect that has on our livelihoods. There's no doubt that to a certain extent this is true. I do some work for a company which finds Athletic Scholarships for kids and am always getting tons of footage from parents of. It used to be that I would get a mini DV tape in the mail and do the best I could to find something useful. But at the least I could always get something and the parents knew what they were sending because they had viewed it on their TV. However, since file-based cameras have taken over even the very low end of the market I am getting data keys without footage, DVD discs that are blank and You-Tube uploads of such horrible technical quality as to be unusable. In fact a few clients admit that the only way they can see what they shoot is through the camera itself.

So, in order to give our clients a better understanding of what we do perhaps all we need is for them to purase a new camcorder as soon as possible. Just remember that the movie studios thought that VHS was the end of the world until it turned into a major profit zone. Just a thought.

Return to posts index

Sam CornelisRe: In disaster lies opportunity
by on Feb 1, 2011 at 8:12:56 pm

Funny, earlier this week I stumbled upon a company which sends low end camera's to their customers. There is your business model.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved