BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Best Source for Industry News?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vlad ErmantBest Source for Industry News?
by on Jan 3, 2011 at 4:18:28 pm

Hey all,

Hope everybody is having a wonderful new year, I'm having a blast already for sure.

I imagine that many members of CreativeCow are indeed very much involved professionally in the film industry, studios and etc. and I was wondering if you can share your expertly advice on a matter.

What is your opinion on the best way to stay in touch with industry news? I know there is Variety, The Hollywood Reporter ... and I recently found out about a few others like "DoneDealPro" and "TrackingB"

Are these good choices? If so, how should one read them? (what I mean is how do you decide whether to read an article or skim/skip through it. Surely it would be impractical to read every letter of every daily issue... or maybe I'm wrong completely?)

Although I am certainly involved in aspects of production (especially editing--which is how I found out about this amazing website/community), please understand that I would not want to neglect the writers or business aspects either.

In general, please share your thoughts and experiences on how you stay in touch and "keep current" with industry developments, releases, etc. Anything from the latest camera equipment to studio business news is fair game to me. I want to know everything! (or as much as possible).

Let me offer a starter: You wake up, shower, brew a cup of your favorite coffee and pick up (or click your way to) a copy of _____________________ . After a few articles, perhaps you browse __________________. And etc.

Thank you so much, I can't wait read some of your suggestions!

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: Best Source for Industry News?
by on Jan 4, 2011 at 5:56:13 pm

just keep Creative Cow Magazine in the john, man.

Return to posts index

Craig SeemanRe: Best Source for Industry News?
by on Jan 4, 2011 at 6:13:25 pm

But if you only get the digital edition you have to make sure it's on your iPad to do that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved