BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Welcome to the many new faces

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Roth Weiss
Welcome to the many new faces
on Dec 23, 2010 at 5:05:23 pm

Welcome Grinner, Scott, and Patrick!!!

Woopdiedoo, what a hip new line up, and just in time for 2011, which should prove to be a year of growth and change all over.

Gentlemen, I look forward to your continued pearls of wisdom...

David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Ronald Lindeboom
Re: Welcome to the many new faces
on Dec 23, 2010 at 6:06:40 pm

This element of The COW's new mechanism is a small indicator of some of the changes we are coding in as we head to a keyword-driven much more personally interactive and dynamic backbone that will allow the COW to grow onto iPhones, iPads, Android phone, Droid Tablets, Blackberries, etc., in the days ahead.

We are moving to a mechanism that allows portable device users that need something in the field, to quickly type in a keyword and suddenly the people and content relative to that topic magically appear with your answer, or with you you can quickly interact with to get that answer.

You will notice that the display will regularly activate based on involvement, etc., and interaction with the COW forums.

It's just a small piece of the kinds of things that will make up the site in the year ahead.

Gimme a call when you have a minute, David. I'd like to give you a little behind-the-scenes tour of some of what we've been up to.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Dec 23, 2010 at 6:45:45 pm

[Ronald Lindeboom] "notice that the display will regularly activate based on involvement, etc., and interaction with the COW forums."

Very Cool! However, I have performance anxiety already...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Ronald Lindeboom
on Dec 23, 2010 at 7:27:29 pm

For about 15 months now, I have been working closely with Abraham, our CTO, to create what we believe is a site that will be much more fluid and organic than has been up to this point.

We are adding a little bit of functionality here and there but most of the changes will come when we throw the switch on COW 2011, which should be mostly done a bit before or after NAB 2011.

We'll be taking each area of the COW individually and each will get a unique look and feel. It will all be quite unlike anything that the COW that users have seen up to this point.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
on Dec 24, 2010 at 12:01:20 am

I hate how the MS Word X moved all the stuff, when I was used to it. I mean, just today, I was looking for the autocorrect menus...couldn't find 'em.

So please don't mess with the cow too much. Just because you might be bored with its look and functionality, doesn't mean that it really NEEDs anything.

$0.02

Fact is, regardless of how much it gets changed and or the advertising gets more ubiquitous, I'll be here often because the information is golden.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Dec 27, 2010 at 2:10:42 am

The only thing I miss is the uniformity of the look of the "leader" images. Some of the avatars are fun, but the standard headshots that used to be across the top made the Cow look more professional than all the other sites out there.

The new concept is very cool though, just wish the look of the leader images was more uniform.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" Winner, Best Documentary, LA Reel Film Festival...

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Dec 29, 2010 at 4:47:46 am

Looking forward to it, Ronnie boy. I brag the COW up often and it's funny how people get that "not another forum" look. And then, a few days later, they call and rip me for not convincing them to take a look sooner.

Geez! Some people's kids......

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Ask me how to Market Yourself using Send Out Cards

Return to posts index

Patrick Ortman
on Dec 30, 2010 at 5:32:55 am

Hi Guys!

Happy to be here, and yes I hope 2011 is a great one for all of us!!! I look forward to learning a lot this year from you guys, too.

Ron, I like the new changes and not just because sometimes I see my mug at the top ;-).

P

---------------------
http://www.patrickortman.com
Web and Video Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]