BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
by on Dec 14, 2010 at 8:55:14 pm

Hi all!

Has anyone ever used this website to raise money for a project? Is it legitimate? Are ideas protected?

Return to posts index

Jeremy DoyleRe:
by on Dec 14, 2010 at 9:27:53 pm

I was part of a team for the project "Tilt the movie". We successfully raised 15k in 45 days using Kickstarter. If you want to learn more about our successful campaign you can search "Tilt" on the kickstarter website.

Here's the trailer.

Return to posts index

Mary GerberRe:
by on Dec 14, 2010 at 9:39:16 pm

Great trailer!
Do you have any concerns about protecting your idea when you put it out there for everyone to run with?

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe:
by on Dec 15, 2010 at 1:36:50 am

And idea is one thing...EXECUTION of that idea is what makes it work.

Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jeremy DoyleRe:
by on Dec 15, 2010 at 4:20:14 am

We were pretty vague about our idea. In fact we didn't give away any plot lines. Even our teaser trailer doesn't really tell you anything.

Return to posts index

Alan LloydRe:
by on Dec 15, 2010 at 5:42:05 pm

I worked on the one-hour "Real Meaning of Halloween" special for a local puppet show known as Transylvania TV that the producers funded with a Kickstarter page.

Fun show that actually got more than they asked for. One hint I can offer is to give people some sort of spiff for donating. Something associated with the show they can't get any other place is good. We had the top donors come in to watch a day of production and gave out metric buttloads of little goodies to most of the other donors. Then all donors were credited and invited to the preview screenings.

Return to posts index

Brent DunnRe:
by on Jan 6, 2011 at 4:48:05 pm

It looks like a great resource.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
Video Marketing

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,