BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Have an idea for this show

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jose ZeincHave an idea for this show
by on Oct 20, 2010 at 12:07:55 am

Hello to all, first off i wanna thank you guys for such good tips and advice always here at the forum this is an excelent tool, and i wish the cow could expand this to even get mentoring for start up guys like me, listen here is my thing i have this great idea for a reality show its sports based and i am thinking of pitching to some networks at next years natpe convention so im planning to take my pitch and all of my promotion stuff with me not hoping that i will land the million dollar deal but just a network to start up with, i now you guys have stated that networks go for the sure sot but lets say i have the show and i could build it for less that it could be worth in a standard basis could i stand a chance, this because im taking local stuff of my country and putting it global, let me tell i am writing from the dominican republic.

JOSE ZEINC
DIRECTOR/PRODUCER

Return to posts index

Bill DavisRe: Have an idea for this show
by on Oct 20, 2010 at 2:46:58 am

Jose,

While following your dreams is very important to securing the life you wish to live, it's also important to understand that it's INCREDIBLY easy to mistake where value resides in the real world.

Ideas - in and of themselves - have literally NO value. None. If somehow I was touched by a genius level inspiration and actually could fomulate in my brain a working cure for Cancer - that cure would be functionally worthless. Really.

Because value isn't never in the IDEA itself - it's in the IMPLEMENTATION of such ideas. My cancer cure would only become valuable if I could get it OUT of my brain into a form where I could convince others of it's effectiveness. That might be in the form of presentations, papers, articles, scripts, or something tangible - and then I'd NEED the ability to get that initial IMPLEMENTATION to people in a MARKET who have the structures necessary to take those paper plans to the next level. Those people would join me in starting a process of implementation that would require many hoops to be jumped through before the IDEA could generate real monetary value. Eventually, if my idea was verifiable, and if I could hook up with others to get the drug trials done, get the vaccine manufactured, and distributed to a network of doctors, hospitals and/or clinics where people could PAY for the treatment - then and ONLY then would the "IDEA" be transformed into actual bankable monetary value.

Same with scripts. Scripts or show ideas are NOT in short supply. There are tens upon tens of thousands of them floating around right now, and hundreds more being completed every day.

What I'm saying is that if you want to make real money - concentrate not on simply trying to "sell" your idea - but rather to take that idea and DEMONSTRATE it's ability to attract actual monetary resources and to generate the support of other people.

In other words, don't STOP with the idea. OR overestimate it's worth. The folks who CASH IN on ideas are the ones who learn how to IMPLEMENT them in a way that turns on a stream of income.

I suspect a billion people have died with perfectly valuable IDEAS in their heads - NEVER having had the structure, the capitol, or the tools required to turn those ideas into money.

Don't give up. Just be realistic in your expectations. Protect your ideas - nurture them - but don't ever think that any IDEA of and by itself is enough to start the money flowing - because it virtually NEVER happens that way.

Good luck.

FCP since NAB 1999
creator: muti-track movies
http://www.starteditingnow.com

Return to posts index

Jose ZeincRe: Have an idea for this show
by on Oct 20, 2010 at 3:15:20 am

Bill thanks for your response but what i meant was if a show shot and done by dominican talent for export could work, i pretty narrowed down the idea and the pitch to make it a selleable idea here i will send you a link with the sizzle reel witch it includes the pitch of the project so you could give me your pov, the password to acess it is 4961, looking fwrd to your response i leave the link.

JOSE ZEINC
DIRECTOR/PRODUCER

Return to posts index

Bill DavisRe: Have an idea for this show
by on Oct 21, 2010 at 3:07:57 am

Joe,

While the sizzle reel is very well done, I do see some significant' issues with your concept. Rather than hash them out here (unless that's what you're really interested in doing) I'd prefer to write you off list with my thoughts. Leave me a direct email and I'll respond privately, or let me know you want to discuss all of this in an open forum and I'll post back my thoughts - good, bad, and in-between.

Bill.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 21, 2010 at 3:12:00 am

Very interested here I leave you my email : jrzeinc@gmail.com so we could do, awaiting for your response I leave this.

JOSE ZEINC
DIRECTOR/PRODUCER

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: Have an idea for this show
by on Oct 21, 2010 at 2:18:39 pm

Networks' hesitation to engage with production companies they have not worked with before revolves around their uncertainty of delivery from those companies. Showing up to a pitch without so much as a sizzle reel is the quickest way to verify their fear in you. Nobody buys an idea. They'll have to see the show and love it. Your first five words have to be the ones that make them have to take a look.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 21, 2010 at 3:04:49 pm

Thanx for stating that, because taking in my mind my tvc experience a taylored up a little sizze reel to ilustrate this idea here is the link let me know what you though about it here is the link and password
pass 4961

JOSE ZEINC
DIRECTOR/PRODUCER

Return to posts index

by on Oct 21, 2010 at 3:36:19 pm

they will wanna see more than a trailer. It's not uncommon for them to want to see an actual episode. You won't have time for that in a pitch at NATPE but you'll wanna have some on ya when they ask.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 21, 2010 at 6:14:20 pm

So for you what are my options, just go there for networking for a future pitch

JOSE ZEINC
DIRECTOR/PRODUCER

Return to posts index

Mick HaenslerRe: Have an idea for this show
by on Oct 22, 2010 at 7:48:09 pm

First and foremost, if your promotional material reads anything like what you have written here, you won't even get your foot in the door. I know you are from a foreign country, but if you can't communicate in the language you want your show to be produced in, you don't stand a chance. Learn how to communicate in English before you do anything.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

by on Oct 22, 2010 at 7:50:24 pm

Got your drift, could tell me whats the problem with it you see it to long?

JOSE ZEINC
DIRECTOR/PRODUCER

Return to posts index

Mick HaenslerRe: Have an idea for this show
by on Oct 23, 2010 at 1:23:04 am

First off Jose, your initial post is one sentence and well over one hundred words. Secondly, it has 6 commas and numerous typos. If anyone that your pitching your show to does a Google search for you, they will find this post. What this will tell them is a few things.

1. You don't have a command of the English language, which will be crucial for you to produce a successful show in English.
2. You don't proof read. How can you expect anyone to shell out money, time, airspace etc. if you can't even proof read a simple forum post, much less the script for an entire series.

I would like to thank you for not getting offended, I meant no slight to you in my previous post. If you have a good idea, I would like to see it succeed. Best of luck to you.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

by on Oct 23, 2010 at 1:27:51 am

No ofense taken on the contary to me these comments makes me perfect my pitch, nowing that my true strength is not english reason I'm seeking for some help on this, but thanx man at here ayt your service at the dr.

JOSE ZEINC
DIRECTOR/PRODUCER

Return to posts index

by on Oct 23, 2010 at 3:27:05 pm

I, on the other hand, would appriciate the authenticity of this content and expect it to come from a passionate person not of native english toungue. It's not an english class. They want to know what's in it for the,. It's really that simple. Show em a gold mine and they will indeed mine it. You can easily get your one sheet, bible and treatments translated properly. You obviously are the one to verbally pitch this. You're the passionate one.
Don't give up before ya start, brother. Then, well, don't give up after that either.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 23, 2010 at 6:35:55 pm

Thanx a lot man apreciate your comment

JOSE ZEINC
DIRECTOR/PRODUCER

Return to posts index

Lukkee ChongRe: Have an idea for this show
by on Oct 27, 2010 at 9:51:53 pm

Hey,
If it means anything to you coming from me, your idea is great! I am not the person to tell you how to go about pursuing it but it would be a great show, especially on any of the myriad of sports channels in baseball loving countries around the world. Replicate your promo dvd, get your paperwork straight, and pitch (sic) wherever you can!
As said before, there are lots of us with ideas for TV shows, but not many of us make the right connections. As they say where I am from, "if you don't try, you can't succeed".
All the best,
lc

Return to posts index

by on Oct 27, 2010 at 9:53:16 pm

Thanx bro

JOSE ZEINC
DIRECTOR/PRODUCER

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]