BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Called in to Train

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott CarnegieCalled in to Train
by on Sep 27, 2010 at 2:05:04 pm

I am heading to a local broadcaster to train several news editors on Avid Newscutter. I have been an editor (amoung other things) for 12 years, I was going to charge them my regular freelane rates. Does that seem like a good way to judge what to charge?

Media Production Services
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Called in to Train
by on Sep 27, 2010 at 2:23:15 pm

I have a separate flat fee for training. It's a day rate that differs from my editing rate.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Called in to Train
by on Sep 27, 2010 at 3:09:50 pm

The beauty of a day rate is that it covers any activity that would prevent you from otherwise making your daily living actually editing.
Maybe training isn't as stressful as editing, maybe it is, but you have to figure in your travel expenses and the fact you're turning down regular work. I would say, bill your full day rate, plus expenses, and they can rationalize it by dividing your cost over multiple people trained. Still comes out cheap.

Return to posts index

Gary HazenRe: Called in to Train
by on Sep 27, 2010 at 5:00:43 pm

Double your day rate.
If they get the training through Avid it will cost over $1k per person. Considering you're training 'several' editors it's a bargin for the broadcaster and a good deal for you. A win-win in corporate speak.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved