BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Sample Client Contracts

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill BrockSample Client Contracts
by on Sep 22, 2010 at 3:30:02 pm

I've done several searches and was unable to find any sample contracts to use for clients which maintain copyright and assign a license to the client to use the work. Would anyone be willing to share their general contracts? Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo JørgensenRe: Sample Client Contracts
by on Sep 22, 2010 at 4:42:28 pm

Hey Bill,

Stealing copyright from a I/P lawyer is never a good thing to do ;-)

There are plenty of affordable books on film production at Amazon and others that will give you a sample contract. Just make sure that it covers your jurisdiction, so in any case paa it through a lawyer, or it might not be worth the paper it is printed on.

All the Best
London, UK

Please don't to visit our new faceBook page here:

Mac Million Ltd. - HD Production & Editing

Return to posts index

Ned MillerRe: Sample Client Contracts
by on Sep 30, 2010 at 1:06:42 am

Check out:

I prefer Letters of Agreement because I am too small to sue and the clients are usually too big to be sued. Besides, the lawyers would take too much, so to me a contract is just confirming my Letter of Agreement. The above free one is pretty similar to what I use. The problem is if the client is a large company they will have their legal counsel "mark up" the contract you send them, then you have to pay an attorney to figure out what it means and it goes back and forth.

So in summary, I think having an agreement as to who is responsible for what is more logical, since we're not going to go to court anyway.

Ned Miller
Chicago Videographer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved