BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

One of the Perks of self-employment

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
One of the Perks of self-employment
on Sep 11, 2010 at 1:47:16 am

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2010/09/09/interview-answers/

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: One of the Perks of self-employment
on Sep 11, 2010 at 8:30:59 am

LOL! #5 is Classic!!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Sep 11, 2010 at 10:29:29 am

Looking for a new job Mark?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 11, 2010 at 4:43:29 pm

Why, you offering? :-)

Naw, They'll probably take me direct from my desk to the hearse. I just thought it amusing, the dance of the interview, and how poor some people are at it. The bit about taking a candidate out to eat; that's always a scary test of the social skills.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 11, 2010 at 5:50:14 pm

One thing I hate about interviewing is how to I talk myself up without coming off as an ignorant ass?

I've done 3 interviews recently... two of them over lunch. Never let my guard down. It is tough though, the informal setting is conducive to make you think like you are chatting with friends. Not that I have anything to blurt out and feel embarassed about.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Sep 11, 2010 at 6:29:59 pm

here are some "stupid Zelin" stories of how I either did not get jobs, or lost jobs.

1) Circa 1980. I applied for a job at CBS Television in NY as an engineering tech. I was using a contact lens cleaner that had a preservative in it that made my eyes VERY bloodshot. After the initial BS I said about myself, the inverviewer said to me "Bob, are you on drugs ?"

2) Mid 80's when I was very slow with my business, I applied again to CBS Television for a job (this time with experience in building systems). I said towards the end my my "schpeel" - "lets face it, it's not brain surgery designing editing rooms".

3) 1978, after working in the audio biz, I applied for my first job in TV, and was accepted on my first interview (PBS New York). I was so excited, that I went in a day early (without permission) to review the patch bay layouts, so I would not look like a total idiot when I started. The guy that hired me found out that I came in a day early, and I was never allowed to start. I was told that I was "too zealous". I became "Zealous Zelin" after that for a while.

in summary, I eventually learned to shut my mouth (until user forums started on the internet, where the true jackass was allowed to come out again).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on Sep 13, 2010 at 3:04:43 pm

[Bob Zelin] "n summary, I eventually learned to shut my mouth (until user forums started on the internet, where the true jackass was allowed to come out again). "

There really is something wrong with you, and I for one, would like to encourage it....

Back to the article: What amazed me was the incredible amount of typos and bad grammar. Unbelievable for an article about professionalism...

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]