BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Giants Stadium HD Footage Usage Fee

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen SetteDucatiGiants Stadium HD Footage Usage Fee
by on Jul 15, 2010 at 9:59:47 pm

For the past 2 months I have been shooting the Demolition of Giants Stadium in New Jersey for the demolition contractor.

The Emmy Winning show Hard Knocks produced by NFL Films wants me to 'send' them one hour of HD footage in exchange for 'credit'.

What rate should I be charging them as a one time use non exclusive fee?

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Giants Stadium HD Footage Usage Fee
by on Jul 15, 2010 at 10:07:35 pm

First question is what does your contract say with the demolition contractor? Specifically who owns the footage in the contract?

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Stephen SetteDucatiRe: Giants Stadium HD Footage Usage Fee
by on Jul 15, 2010 at 10:11:22 pm

I own all footage and images that I have shot at Giants Stadium and they have limited usage rights to finished videos stemming from raw footage shot.

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Giants Stadium HD Footage Usage Fee
by on Jul 15, 2010 at 10:56:47 pm

[Stephen SetteDucati] "I own all footage and images that I have shot at Giants Stadium and they have limited usage rights to finished videos stemming from raw footage shot."

Well then the price is pretty much whatever you want it to be. I will tell you that purchasing rights from the NFL is VERY expensive. So no reason to go cheap on this if you're the one that has the footage they are looking for. They have money and love charging other people through the nose to use their footage.

Since this will most likely appear on NFL Network, might appear on the Football shows early in the season and might even end up on ESPN, and probably the 2010 / 2011 Giants Highlight DVD, no reason to short change yourself. Look at Getty Images website to get a feel for what they charge for broadcast and use that as your guide. They are a very expensive library to deal with too and should give you some guidance on how much to charge per second / per minute.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Mark RaudonisRe: Giants Stadium HD Footage Usage Fee
by on Jul 16, 2010 at 5:16:16 am

Seems like you're in the driver's seat on this one. Depending on how many seconds of screen-time
They want, I. Think you're looking at $1-3k for limited usage. More for "world-wide, in perpetuity".

Mark

Return to posts index

by on Jul 30, 2010 at 12:52:28 am

Currently in negotiations with them to decide what exactly they want and how much they are willing to pay me for my footage.

Heavy Construction and Demolition Documentary Image Wrangler for 20 years.
http://www.setteducati.com

Return to posts index

by on Jul 30, 2010 at 11:11:25 pm

I did some research and there are actually 2 very similar clips on Getty Images of the Yankee Stadium and Cowboy Stadium Demolition. Getty's Rates are $2,800-$3,500 for just over a minute of footage.
For the 6, 5 minute raw footage views I offered $7500. They countered with $500 , then $1000, citing recent Speilberg/Hanks/Elvis purchases.
I dropped to $6000. They declined.

Heavy Construction and Demolition Documentary Image Wrangler for 20 years.
http://www.setteducati.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]