BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

the dream client

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grinner hesterthe dream client
by on Jul 9, 2010 at 9:12:55 pm

We've all vented here about clients in some way or another. In all fairness, I'd like to compliment my new favorite client.
Dude came to me a month ago. He was talking about his theory of how the pyramids were built, wants to do four docuemntaries about it but wants to kick it off with a sizzle reel to get intrest and backers. I hate to say I was thinking what a nut bar but I was but proceeded in the name of revenue. I quoted a flat bid for the production and post consisting of a sit down interview and some flying graphics. I'm a big boy and I know how these things evolve on a brother. Bottom line is you either have the time and need the income or ya done, right? Anyway, this thing has evolved and over and over this dude has insisted on giving me more money. I first declined out of pride of my bid and business alone but as it's evolved, I've had to let him do it. The thing is, this is a fella who totally gets it. I can't tell you how much I appriciate him, his ethics and his overall style. Nutbar indeed... I know I am. ;)
I post this in celebration of those wonderful people on earth who allow us all to keep buying faith in humanity. It's why we do it... because sometimes we win in doing so.
god bless us everyone.

Return to posts index

Alan LloydRe: the dream client
by on Jul 10, 2010 at 1:28:10 am

Glad to hear it. We can all use a few of these folks now and then.

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: the dream client
by on Jul 10, 2010 at 2:12:27 am

Just today I was visiting a surgeon for a project - on-cam interview and voice over. He almost immediately said nice things about the company, ie "Cine-Med is pretty well known as the best in the business. Every surgeon I know knows about you guys..."

Sometimes a nice compliment like that is worth its weight in gold.

But gold is nice too! Over the years we have had a few clients that became great clients, even awesome ones - return business, money paid either in advance or on a timely basis and word of mouth referrals within their organization leading to more work and more happiness all around.

With so many threads about Grinders, it's nice that you can change one letter and get a Grinner!

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Michael SigmonRe: the dream client
by on Aug 2, 2010 at 6:25:06 pm

Good clients really do exist in this business - people who understand there is such a thing as 'value' that goes beyond the bottom line.

Too bad about the other 5 (6? 7? 8? 9?) out of 10 who only care about the lowest bid and bending you over for every last dime.

In every single case - whether it's production or dining out or buying furniture - one usually gets what one pays for.

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: the dream client
by on Aug 2, 2010 at 7:32:12 pm

awesome stuff Grin. Reminds me of our dream client who started out with just one news story about 4 years ago or so, and now we're doing three series and a set of documentary projects. It's an absolute pleasure doing business with these guys.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved