BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

So, how did they decide this was a good idea?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark SuszkoSo, how did they decide this was a good idea?
by on Jun 12, 2010 at 12:58:06 am

http://www.urlesque.com/2010/06/09/worst-lawyer-commercials/?icid=webmail|w...

Return to posts index

Emre Tufekci S.O.A.Re: So, how did they decide this was a good idea?
by on Jun 12, 2010 at 1:20:54 pm

These are the the worst ideas since Olaf the hairy, King of all the vikings, ordered 80,000 battle helmets with the horns on the inside.

Emre Tufekci
http://www.productionpit.com

Return to posts index

Alan LloydRe: So, how did they decide this was a good idea?
by on Jun 12, 2010 at 5:59:16 pm

And the PR firms and production houses are still willing to have their names on them!

Return to posts index

Dan AsselinRe: So, how did they decide this was a good idea?
by on Jun 13, 2010 at 6:54:03 pm

I'll grant you guys that from a production standpoint these are amazingly inept. I would, however, love to see if they actually generate business. I'm sure we've all created stuff that made us hold our noses that worked really well for the customer.

Return to posts index

Alan LloydRe: So, how did they decide this was a good idea?
by on Jun 14, 2010 at 4:58:27 pm

That would be an interesting bit of information.

Do these things really work or do they turn other people off as much as they do us non-civilians?

Return to posts index

Robbie CoblentzRe: So, how did they decide this was a good idea?
by on Jun 15, 2010 at 6:06:33 pm

We're in the market with the "Pay Me Now" spot. It has run on broadcast for quite a bit now with almost everyone I know aware of it. It created quote a stir when it debuted a year or two back.

And no, we didn't produce it.

Return to posts index

Todd TerryRe: So, how did they decide this was a good idea?
by on Jun 15, 2010 at 6:39:18 pm

Actually, sadly they DO work...

History shows (research, focus groups, all that jazz) that commercials for attorneys don't work very well... except for personal injury lawyers.

For those guys, they actually do work, and work quite well. And sadly, the worst of the worst commercials seem to work the best... the more brash, outlandish, and tacky they are, the better the results. The only-half-joking slogan that'll you'll hear ad guys and marketing types almost always bring up is "Hurt or healthy, you'll get wealthy!" I can't tell you how many times I've heard that one. I keep waiting for it to actually show up in a real commercial.

We have produced a number of spots for one particular personal injury shyster (oops, I mean attorney) ... and fortunately his aren't the "hurt or healthy" type... they are actually very clean and classy. And you know what? They do no business for him. But he (and we) knew that going in, he didn't care. Why is he wasting his dough? Because he has more money than he can spend, and it's purely a vanity thing... he just wants his fellow lawyers to see his mug on the air. It's the only client we've ever had that didn't care if his commercials actually worked... in fact, he didn't really want them to, as they are so busy they don't really solicit clients... and if you did call him and say "Hey, saw your commercial and I need a lawyer," unless you had a solid multi-multi-million dollar lawsuit they would literally just refer you to someone else. Takes all kinds.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled ambulance chasing...

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]