BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Advice on getting paid

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mick Haensler
Advice on getting paid
on May 6, 2010 at 1:19:07 pm

I'm having a problem getting paid from a client, but there's a twist. I get jobs from this client through on online referral service. The clients are supposed to be vetted. I've done about 5 jobs for this client and have had issues before but did get paid. They pay net 45 and are now almost 2 weeks past due on an invoice. I did a job for them last week and have been holding on to the work until the previous invoice is paid. The client is now saying they need the work ASAP, I'm saying I need to get the old invoice cleared up and paid before I release the current job. Also, the client is in Florida, I'm in Maryland.

I'm thinking of going to the referral company to see if anyone else has had issues with them. Any advice?? I should probably just get BZ to pay them a visit, bet they don't get lippy wit him!!

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Advice on getting paid
on May 6, 2010 at 1:47:43 pm

ASAP=

"As Soon As Paid-for".

Stick to your guns, business is business.

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on May 6, 2010 at 2:22:29 pm

[Mick Haensler] "The client is now saying they need the work ASAP, I'm saying I need to get the old invoice cleared up and paid before I release the current job."

I would ask for payment on both jobs before releasing this new one. Otherwise, you might never see the money for the new one.

[Mick Haensler] "I'm thinking of going to the referral company to see if anyone else has had issues with them."

Excellent idea!

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 6, 2010 at 3:41:52 pm

Also consider in these days of pretty cheap merchant accounts through organizations like Sams Club and Costco - you might consider expanding the ways that you can BE paid.

Setting up the ability to take Credit Cards, PayPal, and even direct bank transfer payments from larger clients can make collections a LOT easier in the modern era.

It's quite possible to build a simple web page that ONLY allows your client to download finished work when a valid credit card is used to do so.

They can do a debit, and pay at time of service, of use a credit card to get "net 30" - it's THEIR call.

For what it's worth.

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on May 6, 2010 at 8:42:57 pm

All great stuff everyone, thanks for the input. I hate this crap but I guess it's part of doing business. Thanks again.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]