BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Hosting Options

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roy SchneiderHosting Options
by on May 5, 2010 at 2:56:27 pm

Hello All:
This is a follow-up on a previous discussion. In the earlier discussion I asked about thoughts of hosting videos for my new website via youtube. We decided to bypass youtube as a host, but still post the content there. That being said what are some good options for hosting with custom players and good interation with as many delivery systems (Firefox, APPLE, Mobil, Ect.)?

Thanks for your thoughts

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: Hosting Options
by on May 5, 2010 at 5:18:56 pm is pretty awesome. Vimeo is good too, assuming you are not uploading more than 500 megs a week.

Return to posts index

Chris BlairRe: Hosting Options
by on May 6, 2010 at 12:44:22 am

Bits on the Run is worth checking out. They do the compression for you (after you upload a high-quality file), set up your players, provide the code to put it in your website etc. And compared to other video hosting services they're dirt cheap. You also set up a free account and test it to see if you like it.

I've also heard good things about Sorenson 360, and they've set their up to provide mobile versions so that's taken care of within the various packages. It's also quite affordable and again, they do the just upload a high-quality file.

I'm sure there are others, but these two are doing things many of the big video hosting services are not, and they're charging less than the big boys.

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN
Read our blog

Return to posts index

Bob PierceRe: Hosting Options
by on May 6, 2010 at 1:48:16 pm

I like ProVDN, which has the added benefit of a nifty client review interface. Really cool.
Bob Pierce

Mac Pro 2.66 - 8GB memory -
Mac Book Pro 2.33 Duo -
FC Studio 2 - Kona Lhe
Adobe Production Suite CS4 -
Sony Multiformat 14" - Panasonic 42" Plasma -
Ikegami HLDV7 - PVW EX-1

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved