BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

DVD duplication for small quantities using macs

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anne-marie ross
DVD duplication for small quantities using macs
on Mar 17, 2010 at 11:38:51 pm

I am currently working for a filmmaker who is looking for a dvd duplication company that deals in small quantities. Kunaki seems to be fine and is inexpensive, however they require everything to be uploaded from a PC, and he does not own one or want to depend on someone else to borrow one. Does anyone know of a similar service to Kunaki that does not require a PC?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: DVD duplication for small quantities using macs
on Mar 18, 2010 at 1:42:11 pm

No, but have you done the numbers on what it would take to pay off a Primera bravo pro? It may actually cost less to own the duplicator/printer and have it on site, for short runs.

Return to posts index

Kevin Reiner
on Mar 19, 2010 at 5:37:11 pm

I second the Primera Bravo motion. We bought one about 5 years ago and have made a good profit off of it. Any non-rush order less than 200 disks, we do in-house with minimal monitoring.

System Setup (for a more detailed list, see my profile)

HARDWARE
Mac Pro 2 x 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
9GB Memory
Two 16x SuperDrives
Dual-channel 2Gb Fibre Channel PCI Express card
Apple Cinema HD Display (23" flat panel)
ATI Radeon X1900 XT Graphics Card
AJA Kona LHe SD/HD capture card
Apple Xserve Raid 5.6TB

SOFTWARE
Mac OS X 10.4.11
Final Cut Pro Studio 2
After Effects CS3
Photoshop CS3
Illustrator CS3
Boris Continuum 5
Sapphire Plug Ins
Roxio Toast
Digital Anarchy Anarchist Suite
ParticleIllusion 3.0
Trapcode
Zaxwerks

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Mar 18, 2010 at 2:06:04 pm

That Kunaki is interesting. 1 to 10 discs, cost is $1/disc. 11 or more discs, cost is 75 cents to $1.75/disc. Generally when quantities go up, costs go down, not up. And is the shipping price per disc the same with multiple discs? Seems it is a good service for drop shipping orders, not for mass duplication.

Have you looked at Discmakers?

Mark is right, if you only need to do small quantities, buy a CD printer and disc to disc duplicator.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 18, 2010 at 2:22:43 pm

Discmakers will charge her a premium for a fast turn-around, and they like a minimum order quantity that may be more than she wants to let sit around in inventory. I tell you though it is hard to beat the Bravo for small runs. You still need to have a stack of blank media sitting around in inventory, but printing on demand keeps waste low.

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
on Mar 18, 2010 at 3:37:17 pm

Hi Anne-marie,

My company offers duplication with no minimum orders and very flexible (and speedy) turn times. Feel free to take a look at our website for duplication pricing and client testimonials

Matt

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Mar 20, 2010 at 1:56:29 pm

I have worked with and been quite pleased with Matt's duplication services. His company also offers a fairly inexpensive form of copy protection which, depending on the nature of your show, may be a very good thing to have.

Return to posts index

Ron Hershey
on Mar 20, 2010 at 7:34:41 pm

Hello Anne-Marie,

Our company offers CD and DVD duplication, both short runs and large runs, photorealistic print directly to the surface of the disc, packaging, printed inserts, fulfillment and distribution services, and competitive pricing. Please visit our web site (http://www.resourcedataproducts.com/Duplication-Services.aspx) and contact me if you would like to discuss your needs in more detail. Thank you!

Ron

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]