BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Anyone use SchedulAll for project management?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
walter biscardiAnyone use SchedulAll for project management?
by on Mar 3, 2010 at 3:15:50 pm

As we're getting ready to move to a new building in the near future, I need to get our project management under control. We're currently running a custom Filemaker Pro Job Tracking solution that's working out really well, but I need to expand beyond this. Especially since I can see we've completed well over 150 projects since last March.

A friend highly recommended SchedulALL and I'm looking at their Post Production Suite. Anyone have any experience with this software? It looks like the perfect deal for production management.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post.

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Anyone use SchedulAll for project management?
by on Mar 3, 2010 at 5:11:34 pm

We looked at Schedu-all, but it was ten times the cost of what we had a budget for. And the phone conference we had was painfully like going to a high end car dealership as far as getting to the point of costs was concerned. "If you have to ask, you can't afford it". We loved the modularity and integration, Schedu-all is the big dog in this area, everybody from Oprah to the BBC uses it. f they can afford it. They now have a "lite" version that's a little cheaper, still out of our reach though.

Xytek sounded promising, being based on xymox, but they didn't return our inquiries until months after we'd decided on something else. The web site lacked demos or even screen shots as well.

I really like the online demo for studiosuite8, and thought it did everything we needed and more, for a very reasonable price. It is basically a customized front end on top of filemaker pro, you have to buy the seats of filemaker and then their front end becomes a "skin" for that.

But even that was out of our eventual budget and we wound up using a customized version of.... Sharepoint. I'm not a huge fan but it was what we could afford. Its strength in my opinion is in creating collobrative team spaces for projects, and it can generate reports from searchable parameters. But it really is not built specifically for a post or production facility.

Return to posts index

Mark RaudonisRe: Anyone use SchedulAll for project management?
by on Mar 3, 2010 at 11:17:43 pm

Check out "farmer's wife".

I know, it's a strange name for a scheduling program, but think about it, who keeps the farm working?

Return to posts index

Timothy J. AllenRe: Anyone use SchedulAll for project management?
by on Mar 3, 2010 at 11:25:50 pm

We looked at SchedulAll many times over the past few years, but we never could justify it's cost to management.

In the end, we ended up using shared calendars in Outlook.

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: Anyone use SchedulAll for project management?
by on Mar 6, 2010 at 4:07:15 pm

We used it when I worked for a network in Nashville. Mind you, this was the mid 90s and it was DOS-based but the entire building (TNN, CMT, WSM, and the Opry) were all on the same page in real time at all times. We could seek by date, by suite, by person... it was a schedule all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved