BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

at the risk of getting thrown off creative cow (indy contractor)

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
at the risk of getting thrown off creative cow (indy contractor)
on Feb 19, 2010 at 3:22:33 am

A link from the suicide pilot's manefesto in Austin, that everyone should read, about independent contractors - (many of you know this stuff already) -

http://www.synergistech.com/20qs.shtml

I SWEAR this is not political !

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
Re: at the risk of getting thrown off creative cow (indy contractor)
on Feb 19, 2010 at 3:03:48 pm

[Bob Zelin] "at the risk of getting thrown off creative cow (indy contractor)"

Bob,

We have not thrown you off the COW for shooting cows, slapping them around, cow-tipping (that one came close), milking them without a bucket or with the intent to offer graham crackers to anyone, pulling their tails, and about 101 other various and sundry infractions of all known bovine codes, edicts, pronouncements, and even a rule or two here and there, hither and yon. (or is it "yawn"?) And just what does hither and yon mean anyway? Never mind.

So you are safe, Bob.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
CEO, CreativeCOW.net

Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
- Antoine de Saint Exupéry

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- Gandhi

Better is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with the poor spirits who neither enjoy much, nor suffer much because they live in a gray twilight that knows no victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Feb 19, 2010 at 9:57:24 pm

C'mon, Bob. Now we want to see what the Unibomber has to say about self employment.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Feb 19, 2010 at 10:30:44 pm

there was a comedy routine from Chris Rock, talking about OJ killing his wife. He said "Now I don't say he should have done it - but I understand". In this dark hour in Austin Texas, this is no time for jokes, but when I read this pilots "manefesto" rant, although he was nuts, I fully appreciated the pain that he was in as a freelance or independent contractor, and getting "picked on" by the IRS. Obviously, he must have done well at some point (he owned his own airplane - how many of us have a plane ?) - but because he didn't play by "the rules" of business, he got screwed over and over again, and he just lost it. I am not saying he should have done it - but I understand.

Moral - if this ain't a lesson in having to hire a good accountant, I don't know what is.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Feb 20, 2010 at 12:55:08 am

He, of course, had the option of just being someone's bitch and financing the the pokin' from pimpin' Sam. He'll get his cut either way. I don't like it but griping about it would make it seem as if I were surprised by it.
maybe I'm just a simple man but I would have flown that plane further south, gone swimmin' and had a cool drink on a beach. The whole fire and death thing... man it sounds like a drag to me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]