BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

What shocked me was...

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew McNultyWhat shocked me was...
by on Feb 18, 2010 at 3:21:46 pm

the amount of money lost... and of course 90% of web transactions are abandoned...

measuring the cost of poor customer service in the U.S., found that enterprises in the U.S. lose an estimated $83 billion each year due to defections and abandoned purchases as a direct result of a poor experience. Nearly two-thirds of consumers said they had ended a relationship due to customer service alone.

Here's the link to the rest of the article

Anyone here shocked that the industries most impacted by this are... cable and satellite providers...

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: What shocked me was...
by on Feb 18, 2010 at 5:21:35 pm

I keep this little greeting card on my desk every day, listing the facts about customer service. It must be over a decade old now, but it still rings true:

It costs 6x more to attract a new customer than it does to retain an existing one.

A typical dissatisfied customer will tell 8-10 people about their problem. ( Here I would imagine that thanks to internet that number is now in the hundreds and thousands, for example, Kevin Smith's tweet about getting booted off Suthwest Airlines for being too fat)

Seven out of ten complaining customers will stay with you if you resolve the complaint in their favor.

If you resolve the trouble on the spot, 95% of customers will do business again.

Of customers that quit, 68% do so because of an indifferent attitude from the company or the person at the point of contact/sale.

I dumped my cable company in part because of shoddy service. I dumped my ISP because they were incompetent people and the phone persons refused to put down the stupid irrelvant script they had been issued to just talk to me about my specific issue. Based on what I see int he linked article, cable companies know they aer bleeding customers from shoddy service, but must figure they make up for it in volume of new fish that sign on every month.

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: What shocked me was...
by on Feb 18, 2010 at 6:57:03 pm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved