BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Search Engine Optimization

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd TerrySearch Engine Optimization
by on Feb 11, 2010 at 6:15:03 pm

Hey kids...

A little while back I asked of the group thoughts and tips on search engine optimization... since we had ZERO web presence when Googling words that should have brought our website up.

I received lots of good tips, and tried to implement many of them.

The basic things I did was tweak our site to eliminate frames (which I hated to do, I liked the frames), and give some pages better names. That's pretty much all I did... so far. I have a few more things I still want to do.

Within about 10 days we went from having zero presence (at least on Google), to very good rankings. Depending on the search terms used (and we tried ones that our potential clients are most likely to use) we now generally appear within the tip five or six listings when searched. With a couple of search word combos in particular, we pop up at the very top in the number one slot.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone... the suggestions worked great and weren't that hard to implement.

Todd Terry
Creative Director
Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.

Return to posts index

CowdogRe: Search Engine Optimization
by on Feb 11, 2010 at 6:30:20 pm

I bite anyone that thinks that frames are a good thing.

Frames are great for pictures and paintings, but if you plan to use frames in a website, use a script that builds a uniquely named page on your brower's title bar -- such as this thread that shows as "Search Engine Optimization: Business & Marketing" -- at the top of the page.

I, Cowdog, personally trained Abraham in good doghousekeeping techniques to do this.

Yer pal,

visit my homepage

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Search Engine Optimization
by on Feb 11, 2010 at 8:06:08 pm

It's great to see you got results, Todd.

Frames still have some uses. Like linking to an external site maintaining some navigation or functionality of your own. Google Images use frames and I remember seeing using them too.

But I think that's all (I don't want to get a bite). Frames for web design are a heritage of the low bandwidth days. A nice use of templates or includes can achieve the updating functionality without compromising accessibility. I won't even mention printing.

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Search Engine Optimization
by on Feb 12, 2010 at 1:11:27 am

For anyone interested in optimizing web design, be sure to check out our several forums on this very topic: Dreamweaver (where Fernando is a host and frequent poster), Flash, and Web Design (another place you'll find Fernando).

Always delighted to see cross pollination for specific applications, like the SEO discussions here, but for a deep dive, these are some of the fastest-growing forums at the Cow...

Tim Wilson
Creative Cow Magazine!

Don't forget to rate your favorite posts!

Return to posts index

John DavidsonRe: Search Engine Optimization
by on Feb 12, 2010 at 1:03:25 am

Go to google, click 'maps', and to the left select 'put your business on google'. Fastest way to get a decent listing I've ever seen.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved