BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Reaching Your Market

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spencer SternbergReaching Your Market
by on Dec 6, 2009 at 10:33:41 am

I wanted to post in this section of the Cow cause I was hoping to hear from others about how you connect with potential clients in your industry. Obviously everyone is not a music composer like myself, though I am sure there are common concepts across all industries and sub-industries that can be helpful for gaining future clients.

It would be really helpful to hear what kind of strategies people use to get themselves 'out there' in the creative world.

Spencer Sternberg
Music Composer
Royalty Free Music Library

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: Reaching Your Market
by on Dec 6, 2009 at 4:29:40 pm

You can list yourself in the local productin guid, send out mailers and put your cold-callin' hat on but n the end, you'll never have a better marketing force than a band of very happy clients.
I'd venture to say you know some folks who own businesses. Write em a jingle. I'd also venture to say you have filmmaking friends... score something for em.
For 2 decades, I've had young people ask me "How do I become an editor?" I'm not being sarcastic when I reply "edit stuff, man."

Return to posts index

Kai CheongRe: aching Your Market
by on Dec 7, 2009 at 11:10:19 am

Not directly relevant to your business, but my tip is: be friendly, fair, kind & respectful to your freelancers and fellow creative professionals you run into (eg. Photographers, designers, actors). These are the people who could and would refer business to you, too.

And remember to return the favor/pay it forward when you have the opportunity.

FCP Editor / Producer with Intuitive Films
Now 'LIVE'! Check Out The Intuitive Films Blog @

At Intuitive Films, We Create: TV Commercials, Documentaries, Corporate Videos and Feature Films
Visit us @
MacBook Pro 2.4GHz | 4GB RAM | FCP 5.1.4 | Mac OS X 10.5.7

8-Core Intel Mac Pro 2.26GHz | 8GB RAM | FCP 6.0.2 | Mac OS X 10.5.6 | 3.0TB CalDigit VR | 2 x 24" Dell S2409W

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved