BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

How to find a programmer for a business partner?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tevya WashburnHow to find a programmer for a business partner?
by on Dec 5, 2009 at 6:29:45 pm

I want to create a small piece of software that I think could be a good little source of income. However, I'm not a programmer. I was hoping to find a good programmer who would partner with me in this idea, and we could both profit from it.

Any ideas on where/how to find one? Also, what things should I be aware of, and/or avoid in a small business venture like this?

Any information is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Ryan MastRe: How to find a programmer for a business partner?
by on Dec 6, 2009 at 6:27:22 am

What's your specialty? UI design? Marketing? Project management? If you have enough of a grasp of the tech behind your project, you could start by using Rent A Coder to build pieces of the project, and if you find a programmer through that who you really click with, go from there.

I've been working part time as a programmer for a web development company while building my own production business. Several clients found us by using Rent A Coder, and now come to our web dev company exclusively because they enjoyed working with us.

Can you give any background on what the nature of the project is, and what kind of tech requirements the project has?

Return to posts index

Tevya WashburnRe: How to find a programmer for a business partner?
by on Dec 16, 2009 at 5:13:39 pm

Thanks for your response. Its a program that enhances Windows UI. So the programmer would need to understand Windows and whatever be able to write in whatever languages work best when integrating directly with the Windows OS.

My background is in web design, UI, and marketing. That's the part I'd offer the partnership. I can build and upkeep a site for it, market it, and also design the interface. So I just need someone to do that hard part: code it.

Return to posts index

Nicole MillerRe: How to find a programmer for a business partner?
by on Jan 28, 2010 at 10:48:39 pm

Hi, this is Nicole from Rent a Coder.

Thank you Ryan for recommending our service. I'd like to invite everyone to compare the 7 major services through this link to learn more:

Ryan describes the typical positive experience that many people experience through our site, in which clients often become permanent customers of our workers.

If anyone has questions, please let me know. You can also call in to talk to a facilitator 7 days a week, or email us (see

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved