BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

2 semi-OT: travel discounts & GV Expo

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
2 semi-OT: travel discounts & GV Expo
on Dec 4, 2009 at 4:51:23 pm

OT 1: I don't seem to qualify for any discount in rates for hotel rooms, but I tend to see a lot of people who get special rates for their corporate, government, or association affiliations. Do you know of a relevant business group that commands widespread discounts and is worth joining for other benefits?

OT 2: I walked through the exhibit hall at the Government Video Expo in Washington, DC yesterday, and thought I'd share my impressions. At least when I was there, the crowds were a little sparse; Sony wasn't there; Apple had a small booth dedicated to FC Server, I think; & Panasonic showed some terrific 3d footage. Flat-panel LEDs from Litepanels and Zylight were everywhere, even just as booth lighting.

Overall, it looked a bit underwhelming and low-key. That could've been an accident of my being there around lunch-time.

Bob C

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: 2 semi-OT: travel discounts & GV Expo
on Dec 5, 2009 at 9:45:23 pm

[Bob Cole] "I don't seem to qualify for any discount in rates for hotel rooms, but I tend to see a lot of people who get special rates for their corporate, government, or association affiliations. Do you know of a relevant business group that commands widespread discounts and is worth joining for other benefits?"

Hey, Ron: I think Bob is onto something here. The COW should look into signing up as an organization with one or more of the major hotel chains. If those of us who travel a lot use the same chain the rate should go down year after year. My first choice would be Marriott.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]