BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Anyone to "Wave" to?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick GriffinAnyone to "Wave" to?
by on Nov 29, 2009 at 9:49:18 pm

Anybody else here on the Google Wave beta yet? If you don't want to go public email me privately with your Wave address. I'm still figuring it out, but Wave looks WAAAAY cool.

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Anyone to "Wave" to?
by on Nov 29, 2009 at 11:05:53 pm

We've been talking about the Google-verse quite a bit here in the Business forum. What are you seeing that looks so cool?

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: Anyone to "Wave" to?
by on Nov 30, 2009 at 5:16:40 pm

Obviously I'm failing miserably in my attempts to NOT drink the KoolAid, but...

The collaborative environment is ideal for so many of the projects we work on. The thing that absolutely slays me is the realtime translation into the language of the recipient. We have clients in Europe where there are only some of the people we can deal directly with because not everyone speaks English -- and because I'm an American I'm not smart enough to speak anything other than English. Wave has the potential to connect us with different layers in the client organizations which had not previously been available.

Now if they can add bulletproof security I see little reason for the few remaining installations of Lotus Notes to survive.

There are several videos on YouTube demonstrating the many features in Wave.

Return to posts index

Franklin McMahonRe: Anyone to "Wave" to?
by on Nov 30, 2009 at 5:21:30 pm

I am on Google Wave franklinmcmahon (@) googlewave.com so feel free to connect.

To be honest I played around with it when I first got on, but have not done too much with it. I think the learning curve (to really use it) will keep it in the realm of tech-peeps and early adopters for now. But there is potential there.

Frank

Creative Cow Podcast Page
Creative Cow Podcast in iTunes

Media Artist Secrets Blog / Franklin McMahon TV Show: FranklinMcMahon.com
Studio Page

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Anyone to "Wave" to?
by on Dec 1, 2009 at 1:09:37 am

I watched the 7 minute "10 minute video" video - I guess Google Labs has proven the special relativity theory too!

Waiting for my invitation...hmm, hmm, hmm...la dee da dee do...still waiting...yawn...

Might have some uses for collaboration of projects, but once again we have the "clients may be reluctant to sign up for a google account" problem. You think I'm kidding?

With our proprietary wave-like system - call it ripple just to avoid any IP problems, we make the accounts. We can, for example, make 20 accounts instantly and just send people the login instructions. If google wants to make something with business application usage in mind, perhaps they could let me have the account, and then let me make user accounts for my team, without requiring people without google or wave accounts to sign up themselves.

That being said, I look forward to trying it out. Would be quite useful for block party planning or the first annual Creative COW picnic at Ron's house. I'll bring the potato salad. Tim, can you pickup a 300 pack of red 32oz cups. Steve, as the newest member, you're bringing the booze.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Franklin McMahonRe: Anyone to "Wave" to?
by on Dec 1, 2009 at 1:30:38 am

Mike I just emailed you an invitation...let me know if you don't receive it.

Frank

Creative Cow Podcast Page
Creative Cow Podcast in iTunes

Media Artist Secrets Blog / Franklin McMahon TV Show: FranklinMcMahon.com
Studio Page

Return to posts index

Steve WargoRe: Anyone to "Wave" to?
by on Dec 1, 2009 at 10:44:57 am

[Mike Cohen] "Steve, as the newest member, you're bringing the booze"

I knew there was a catch to it.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Ask me how to Market Yourself using Send Out Cards

Return to posts index

Geoff KellyRe: Anyone to "Wave" to?
by on Dec 1, 2009 at 8:20:00 pm

Just finally got my invite today... then wave crashed. (no pun intended)

gkmotion@googlewave.com

Looks cool though IF we can get any of our clients to actually move beyond the idea of the "reply all" button in email and get some useful collaboration rolling.

http://www.gkmotion.com

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Anyone to "Wave" to?
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 1:54:52 am

Ok I tried it - looks like it might have some function beyond party planning. But everyone you know of course has to be on it. Perhaps Google wants a piece of the 350 million user Facebook action?

Might be an interesting way to post replies to a forum thread.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Kai CheongRe: Anyone to "Wave" to?
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 3:26:53 am

Riding the wave... but still waiting for some REAL excitement to take place: kai.cheong@googlewave.com

Kai
FCP Editor / Producer with Intuitive Films
http://kai-fcp-editor.blogspot.com
--
Now 'LIVE'! Check Out The Intuitive Films Blog @ http://intuitive-films.blogspot.com

At Intuitive Films, We Create: TV Commercials, Documentaries, Corporate Videos and Feature Films
Visit us @ http://www.intuitivefilms.com
--
MacBook Pro 2.4GHz | 4GB RAM | FCP 5.1.4 | Mac OS X 10.5.7

8-Core Intel Mac Pro 2.26GHz | 8GB RAM | FCP 6.0.2 | Mac OS X 10.5.6 | 3.0TB CalDigit VR | 2 x 24" Dell S2409W

Return to posts index

Matt TownleyRe: Anyone to "Wave" to?
by on Dec 7, 2009 at 10:21:03 pm

I am on Wave as townley.matt(at)gmail.com. I also have a few invites left and am happy to share. If anyone would like one, just email me at matt(at)mstproductions.com and I will send them until I run out.

Matt

###
Matt Townley
MST Productions
[Media Services/Duplication/Replication]
http://www.mstproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]