BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Welcome Steve Wargo, the newest B&M Cow Leader

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Roth Weiss
Welcome Steve Wargo, the newest B&M Cow Leader
on Nov 29, 2009 at 9:06:42 pm

I'd like to take the opportunity to personally welcome Mr. Steve Wargo to the line-up of Cow leaders at the top of this great forum. Steve has been so involved here for so long that when he told me he had joined as a forum host I was surprised that wasn't already up top. The reality is that putting Steve's picture up top is really just a formality, because he's been dishing out as much helpful advice here as anyone for a long time.

BTW, I'm really happy that Kathlyn and Ron put Steve way over on the right side -- not only is the heat a little dryer over there, just as Steve likes it, but this way I'm pretty sure he won't be able to pick my pocket. Oh, and for those of you who might want to read some political context into the positioning of our heads at the top of the forum... well, let's just say that between Steve and myself, the entire spectrum is very adequately covered.

So, please everyone, give Steve a hearty Cow welcome.

David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: Welcome Steve Wargo, the newest B&M Cow Leader
on Nov 29, 2009 at 9:45:42 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "...and for those of you who might want to read some political context into the positioning of our heads at the top of the forum... well, let's just say that between Steve and myself, the entire spectrum is very adequately covered."

Does this mean that I'm supposed to be some sort of Centrist? I guess if I was a Libertarian my head would have to be positioned in some other direction than left - right? Perhaps Z-space?

Anyway, welcome, Steve! Your posts have been and I'm sure will continue to be a valuable part of the Biz pasture.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Nov 29, 2009 at 10:19:24 pm

Wow, I thought Steve was aleady up there. I guess I should start paying more attention.

Glad to have Steve's pic up next to mine. Warning to the rest of the hosts, though... you're grouping us old biker dudes together. Careful or we're going to form a gang and take the place over. The leather COW jackets will have a big badass bull's head on the back, with flames coming out of the nostrils.

Welcome Steve,

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Dec 1, 2009 at 10:06:44 am

[Todd Terry] "with flames coming out of the nostrils."

Let's have flames coming out of everywhere.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Ask me how to Market Yourself using Send Out Cards

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
on Nov 30, 2009 at 2:02:14 am

We put Steve there to the right and you there to the left, as it seemed...well, only the right thing to do.

There was a certain symmetry to it all, especially for those of us that know you both so well.

;o)

Boomer

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Nov 30, 2009 at 6:34:55 pm

Welcome Steve.
Somehow we keep adding heads at the top of the page, yet our heads don't get any smaller. Of course, given the habit of video folks eating a lot of snack products, our tiny heads are planted on top of proportionally larger torsos.
Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
on Nov 30, 2009 at 6:37:36 pm

[Mike Cohen] "...our tiny heads are planted on top of proportionally larger torsos."

And some of us, are more "proportionally unchallenged" than others. I like to refer to us as The Board of Rotundity.

;)

Increasingly rotundulating, I fear,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Thanks for the Welcome
on Dec 1, 2009 at 10:19:57 am

This has been my favorite forum for some time. After all, for everything we do, creative or otherwise, it's a business and for those of us who have been around a while (1982), we have seen the business turn a 180. The knowledge required used to be technical in nature. We would pull the sides off of cameras to reseat boards, pull he lid off a deck to clean the heads or replace a pinch roller and you didn't have to have any computer knowledge. Now, the lenses are fixed, there are less cameras being built with tape drives and we record to memory devices. If you're not computer savvy, you're gonna get lost.

But, it's still a business first and a creative outlet later. Before we can do any work, we have to market ourselves and then sell the job. And then, we have to collect. It used to cost $350,000 to have a company with the right stuff and now, we can create a much better product for under $50k. It just doesn't seem fair to those of us who paid all that money, for someone to get in now and not pay much at all. And they complain about every dime. Jeeez!

But anyway, thanks for the welcome and glad to be here, officially.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Ask me how to Market Yourself using Send Out Cards

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
on Dec 1, 2009 at 5:16:16 pm

Steve has always been a cow leader. Unfortunately, he refused to wear the obligatory cow leaders' fluffy cow slippers and LL Bean executive PJs while working and so we had him on probation for a while.

When chided for this infraction of cow leader protocols, Steve muttered something about "bikers look really stupid riding around in PJs and fluffy cow slippers."

"Rules is rules," we told him. "Without standards, where would society be?"

His wife sent pictures of him in compliance, and so we pulled him off his probationary standing.

And that's exactly as it happened and that's the truth.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Dec 1, 2009 at 5:20:52 pm

[Ron Lindeboom] "His wife sent pictures of him in compliance"

I think I can speak for everyone when I say we all look forward to seeing those posted soon.
No, wait... hmmm... then again..... maybe not..

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Dec 2, 2009 at 6:00:51 am

No pictures. Please. no pictures

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!