BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

talent & property release legalities

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Kuklatalent & property release legalities
by on Oct 30, 2009 at 1:45:39 pm

Is there a current resource to read up on the latest rights regarding property releases and talent releases?

As an example; I always understood that singling out an identifiable piece of property required a release from owner. But there was a big court case in Ohio regarding a poster of the Rock N Roll hall of fame. The seller of the poster won with no permission from the hall. Seems that changes the rights equasion quite a bit.

So I'd like to find the LATEST tome or resource on all this stuff so I can be up to speed.

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: talent & property release legalities
by on Oct 30, 2009 at 2:59:09 pm

You'd be far better off asking a copyright atty but never have I asked a building to sign a release form.
HEck, I don't even have people sign em. I shoot run and gun style and seldom know who I am interviewng. Introducing a contract nto the mix would greatly limit my sound bite selections. Never do they mind... or care. If worried, I just have em give a verbal permission into the camera after I get my bite.
Ths IS NOT how your copyright atty will tell ya to do it. I'm not offering advice here... just sharing my practice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved