BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

video camera shootout

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Cohenvideo camera shootout
by on Oct 27, 2009 at 1:55:55 am

This is from 2008, but it still hits most of the main contenders in HD video. And yes, this belongs in the Business forum because spending $$ on cameras is an important business decision.

Return to posts index

Christopher WrightRe: video camera shootout
by on Oct 28, 2009 at 8:21:12 pm

Excellent Vimeo clip!
And finally someone who does the testing right;
all cameras are tweaked for the optimal settings they can achieve under one lighting set-up,
and all of the footage is actually color-corrected so you can focus on the image and gamma detail, DOF etc. versus the different casts inherent in each format. I was amazed at how well the HVX-200 stood up (especially with the adapters added) and I was kind of disappointed in the 5D footage, as I have seen much better work come from those, but that again could be attributable to the quality of lens used and operator. Much better effort than the early "film versus digital" shootouts, where a seasoned DP would tweak the settings on the film camera, and the HD camera was used with default settings right out of the box.

Dual 2.5 G5, IO, Kona LH, IO, Medea Raid, UL4D, NVidia 6800, 4Gig RAM
Nehalem Octocore 12 GB Ram, Nvidia card, MBP, MXO, MXO2 mini, Windows Vista Adobe Studio CS4, Vegas 9.0, Lightwave 9.6, Sound Forge 9, Acid Pro 7, Continuum 6, Boris Red 4, Combustion 2008, Sapphire Effects

Return to posts index

Richard HerdRe: video camera shootout
by on Oct 30, 2009 at 7:19:28 pm

Here's another one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved