BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Painfully funny and true

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark SuszkoPainfully funny and true
by on Sep 30, 2009 at 7:08:36 pm

I came across this today from my wife, who's a graphic designer and artist. It is kind of neat in two ways: first, the video is a demo of an application that generates character animations for you from, apparently, no more than text files. The computer's deadpan voice in two styles is brought in to speak the lines for the two characters. You can make them say anything, and their lip synch is automatic. Like simple digital puppeteering.

I think the text of their speech in this clip will resonate with many of us here, and that's actually why I posted it here.

A warning: while hysterically amusing and painfully true, the dialog is laced with curse words and may not be suitable for your office or your kids to hear. If that's breaking COW policy, I apologize, but the poor robot in the video is like an animatronic version of Bob Zelin, and who can't like that?

Warning: NSFW language

Warning, NSFW language.

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Painfully funny and true
by on Sep 30, 2009 at 8:10:38 pm

Clearly labeled NSFW language in a video that people are free to click or not click as desired, generally on topic: meets Cow standards.

Animatronic version of Bob Zelin: may or may not meet Cow standards.

Not to take anyone's name in vain - hey Bob Z, the COO of Xtranormal is our old friend Chas Smith!

For the rest of the class, Chas was the GM of Avid Video while I was there, and a boon companion.

And to bring it right back 'round to topic, Avid was the company that inspired Bob to take up the trade of NSFW animatronics, back before the turn of the century....

Tim Wilson
Creative Cow Magazine!

My Blog: "Is this thing on? Oh it's on!"

Don't forget to rate your favorite posts!

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: Painfully funny and true
by on Oct 1, 2009 at 5:12:47 pm

veeery nice. Spot on.

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: Painfully funny and true
by on Oct 2, 2009 at 9:15:24 pm

It would be even funnier if I hadn't heard these EXACT SAME WORDS so many times.

"What did you do this in? Can you do it in Word next time so we can edit it?"

"Let me take it home and show it to my wife, she used to be a secretary in an ad agency so she understands these things."

We even have one of our clients who attempts to show us what he wants in print layouts by "roughing them up" in Excel! Who knew that you could paste images into cells in Excel?

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Painfully funny and true
by on Oct 4, 2009 at 9:45:26 pm

I'm happy that I put off viewing this video until now. Made my weekend.

The following are actual words spoken by a paying client:

"Just send me the raw footage. My niece is going to do the editing on her iMac."

I replied, "Ok, I'll just make copies of the DV tapes for you."

"What's a DV tape? Can you send me Quicktime?"

"What, for free?"

And so it goes...

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved