BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Recommended reading

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry MeltonRecommended reading
by on Sep 22, 2009 at 6:19:05 pm

I enjoyed the TEDtalk video that Mark recommended below - I subscribe to their audio podcasts and there's always something fascinating to learn.

I noticed that on the same page there was a link to a talk by Dan Ariely. This made perfect sense, because the content of Dan Pink's message was similar to the subject matter of Ariely's book, "Predictably Irrational".

This is one of the most captivating reads I've ever picked up. It's a glimpse into human decision-making, offering valuable insights for all of us as businesspeople, and as consumers. Ariely is a behavioral economist, but don't let that intimidate you. It's so easy to read and simple to understand that you'll find yourself exclaiming "wow" out loud, and then annoying your friends and family with the fascinating information you learned in the book.

Especially if you've read and enjoyed Freakonomics, The Tipping Point, and/or Blink, I highly recommend "Predictably Irrational".

Larry Melton
Triangle Productions Inc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved