BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Program Proposal Advice Needed

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa TinsleyProgram Proposal Advice Needed
by on Sep 19, 2009 at 2:51:51 pm

I have several thirty minute lifestyle programming ideas ranging from real estate to business profiles. I am in the process now of shooting and editing two program demos to submit along with my program proposals. Please reply with ideas on what my next move should be. Many thanks for any advice you are able to give me.

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Program Proposal Advice Needed
by on Sep 19, 2009 at 5:06:15 pm

Please be more specific.

Your next steps would vary - do you have potential investors/buyers/sponsors/tv stations for your programs? Are you going to put these on the web - paging Dr Grinner. Did someone suggest these ideas to you? Is there a need for these programs in your market?

There is often more to an effort like this than people think.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: Program Proposal Advice Needed
by on Sep 19, 2009 at 8:05:48 pm

You did not specify your hourly, daily or weekely rates or how much time you'll be spending on this so we can'r really do proper multiplication for ya.

Return to posts index

Lisa TinsleyRe: Program Proposal Advice Needed
by on Sep 20, 2009 at 6:14:03 pm

Thank you for the replies. At this time I do not have an investor. I would like my programs to be on the web but I am concerned about someone taking my idea. The first idea involves luxury real estate and the other idea is a small business profile program. Both are thirty minutes. The ideas I have were created by me and yes there is a need for these programs on a national market level. One I see on the Golf Channel and the other on TV One. I am in the early stages and just need advice on how to get my idea from paper to production and on air. Thank you for any advice you are able to give me.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Program Proposal Advice Needed
by on Sep 21, 2009 at 2:38:31 pm

You can't magically protect the idea itself, only the specific execution of it. Your best defense against getting the projects "stolen" from you is to be so far ahead of everyone in developing the project that it makes the most sense to go with you rather than to start it from scratch. That means you have to lock in all the key sources and locations and features in commitments to you, before a usurper can sweep in and just copy you. Ask Grinner about his ghost stories experience.

Unique new idea in real estate or business profiling? I'd be shocked if it truly was. Not meant as a knock, only that many people think they haev invented a new way to do this, but it turns out they're really not the first or the last. There's a blur of home improvement shows all over cable now, as one example, the only differences are in details of the execution.

Return to posts index

James KimRe: Program Proposal Advice Needed
by on Oct 19, 2009 at 8:29:52 pm

I completely agree with this article that it is very important to be far ahead of your competitors and to be better at packaging it. I personally think that its important for any company to seek help in marketing and advertising from someone like Mindshape or Cossette to really give you that edge when you pitch what you do to a company. I think that definitely give you the advantage, because really what "new ideas" have their been in a while.

Return to posts index

Steve WargoLike this?
by on Sep 29, 2009 at 6:50:22 am

A friend of mine is doing the luxury home thing:

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Ask me how to Market Yourself using Send Out Cards