BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Outside Kathlyn's office window, yesterday morning...

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron LindeboomOutside Kathlyn's office window, yesterday morning...
by on Aug 27, 2009 at 4:16:30 pm

When we bought our new home, we got very lucky in the bad market and found a house that is big enough to have the COW offices downstairs, while having our living quarters upstairs. Outside Kathlyn's office window, we built the water feature that she has always wanted and yesterday morning, a mother deer with her two baby fawns came by to drink from it.

Needless to say, Kathlyn loves her fountain. ;o)

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: Outside Kathlyn's office window, yesterday morning...
by on Aug 27, 2009 at 8:40:12 pm

freakin awesome.
I was up in the mountains of Oregon not long ago and snuck out on an early mornin' solo walk to be at one with nature. I was in nothin' but wilderness as I heard footsteps coming my way. Banbi herself appeard through some foliage about 40 feet away and she and I made eye contact. Now, I'm a texas kid (which means I was raised huntin') so I expected her to dart away. She was equally intrigued with me as I was with her. I stoof fast and offered an almost comical "heeeeey". She tilted her head like a dog about to get a treat, and slowly walked my way. I was in awe. Now, 5 feet in front of me, she gave a couple more "what the hell are you?" looks. I put my hand out as if I had something to offer. Dude, this wild doe sniffed then walked casually away, never fearing me whatsoever.
Kind of reminds me of Kathlyn's deer.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Outside Kathlyn's office window, yesterday morning...
by on Aug 27, 2009 at 8:56:44 pm

That is very cool R&K, and I envy you two for creating such a nice environment in which to live and work...

Okay, that being said, as I mentioned to Ron earlier on the phone today, this thread did remind me of one of my all time favorite films, which really does put most of the shorts on YouTube to shame. And so I give you all, for your watching and listening pleasure, perhaps the greatest short ever created, BAMBI MEETS GODZILLA.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Outside Kathlyn's office window, yesterday morning...
by on Aug 27, 2009 at 9:09:07 pm

Not as cool as David's post, but a few weeks ago we had Mother and 3 baby raccoons living in a storm drain next to our condo. When I went to take a picture, the mom actually grabbed a baby with its paw and dragged it into the drainage pipe.
A short time later we were driving nearby, and traffic was stopped as another mamma raccoon was carrying its babies, one at a time, across the road.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Outside Kathlyn's office window, yesterday morning...
by on Aug 27, 2009 at 10:29:09 pm

Deer are really just rabbits on stilts, come to eat up your begonias. In the Midwest, they go by their other name, "venison!" :-)

We were in Chicago, just a block from the SuperDawg Drive-in, about a half hour past sunset, and I hit the brakes because there's a deer ahead of me on Damen Avenue. Must have been hiding out at a nearby golf course along the river, or somebody is trying to revive the old Hartford insurance spots.

I was wondering why Ron posted the picture here, then I realized this is the forum that's all about getting more doe and bucks:-P

Return to posts index

Brendan CootsRe: Outside Kathlyn's office window, yesterday morning...
by on Aug 27, 2009 at 10:59:46 pm

Several friends and I recently had a face-to-face run in with a full grown mountain lion (about 3-4 feet tall) in a state park here in the Bay Area. It approached us from about 20 feet away, and we threw rocks and yelled - finally it turned around and slowly walked away. We ran like hell...

Brendan Coots

Splitvision Digital

http://www.splitvisiondigital.com

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Outside Kathlyn's office window, yesterday morning...
by on Aug 27, 2009 at 11:38:58 pm

Kathlyn and I were driving into Cambria one evening and a big mountain lion bolted across Highway One right in front of us. The mountain lion had just been over in a housing track and was just returning across the road to get back to its more rural stomping grounds in the coast mountains on the east side of Highway One.

Ron

Return to posts index

Bob ZelinRe: Outside Kathlyn's office window, yesterday morning...
by on Aug 31, 2009 at 2:10:11 am

Boy, I run the other way if I see a cockaroach.

But to respond to David's wonderful movie about Bambi, the greatest short ever made was "The Chub Chubs"

But the Bambi movie was pretty teriffic !

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Outside Kathlyn's office window, yesterday morning...
by on Aug 31, 2009 at 3:08:55 am

The Chubs Chubs video is hilarious, Bob. Thanks for posting it.

Ron

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Outside Kathlyn's office window, yesterday morning...
by on Aug 31, 2009 at 3:48:21 am

[Bob Zelin] "the greatest short ever made was "The Chub Chubs" "

No way, and it's not short enough. But, it's funny.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]