BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Tips for an interview

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bruno silvaTips for an interview
by on Aug 25, 2009 at 12:29:15 am

Hello all, I have an interview scheduled for wednesday. Its an intermediate editor position which I consider myself to be qualified for. Its a staff position, not freelance. I'm concerned about what would be proper interview attire..? And of course, any other tips one might want to divulge. I have worked at the same place for over a year and this is my first job opportunity outside that company.

Return to posts index

Mark RaudonisRe: Tips for an interview
by on Aug 25, 2009 at 2:26:04 am

I interview alot of prospective employees. Frankly, I really don't care what you wear... only that it be in
a "range" of appropriateness. Meaning: I wouldn't wear a three piece suit... or shorts and flip flops. "Business casual" works for me.

More importantly, you should research the company enough to know the answer to the question as to what's appropriate. Check their website. What are people wearing. Flat out ask the person who's scheduled the interview, "What's 'appropriate' at your company?".

Other tips? Show that you've taken the time to know something about the company/people you're meeting with. Got the name of the person you're going to be meeting? Google 'em. You'd be surprised at the amount of personal info you can find on line. Don't be afraid to say something like, "I Googled you and the company this morning, and learned that ...."

Good luck.

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: Tips for an interview
by on Aug 25, 2009 at 2:43:29 pm

Dockers and a golf shirt. Less than that, they may see you as a slacker. More than that, they may give you a noogie. Your attire will be invisible this way and they will be looking at you and your reel... not what you are wearing. If you have ever been in their building, it's as easy as wearing what you saw others wearing there.
As far as other tips. It's an interview. Do be sure you interview them. You'll be spending more than half of your waking hours there so you want to make sure it's a good fit for you. Don't just answer questions... ask some.

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Tips for an interview
by on Aug 25, 2009 at 4:42:36 pm

Go to your library and check out the book Knock 'Em Dead. It has a lot of great information.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out the TV Show Open I did.

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

bruno silvaRe: Tips for an interview
by on Aug 26, 2009 at 12:19:39 am

great! thanks guys very much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved