BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

My apologies to David See

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron LindeboomMy apologies to David See
by on Aug 24, 2009 at 11:53:54 pm

Hello David,

I wanted to publicly apologize for being so intense in my replies to your comments regarding email.

I fight high blood pressure and sometimes when my blood pressure is well above normal -- which has been the case in the last few days -- my posts can get more direct than they need to be. Anyone who battles high blood pressure knows what I am talking about.

I knew what I was trying to say and it seemed like you were ignoring my comments and refusing to address them. Whether that was truly intended or not, it is how it appeared to me.

But I will end this by saying that this also illustrates what I was trying to say about email, that email takes too long and is a poorer means of communication than may be wished. As well-meaning as email and text communication may be, it all too often lacks real human connection and there are far too often too many "attempts" made before the real message and connection is made.

I am sure that if you and I were to chat on the phone you would find out that I am actually a pretty caring guy, who likes to help people -- and who just happens to fight high blood pressure. :o) Those I work with and who are around me from day to day would also tell you that I actually listen pretty well. My comments to you are not one of my shining moments.

So, for posting when I should probably not have graced the boards with my well-meaning but probably ill-delivered comments, you have my sincere apologies, David.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Christopher WrightRe: My apologies to David See
by on Aug 25, 2009 at 4:37:16 am

We have all had our share of testy posts and exchanges in the past, high blood pressure or no.
It is just so refreshing to see someone offering the peace pipe instead of ending with the gauntlet.
Classy move, mon ami ;>)

Dual 2.5 G5, IO, Kona LH, IO, Medea Raid, UL4D, NVidia 6800, 4Gig RAM
Nehalem Octocore 12 GB Ram, Nvidia card, MBP, MXO, MXO2 mini, Windows Vista Adobe Studio CS4, Vegas 9.0, Lightwave 9.6, Sound Forge 9, Acid Pro 7, Continuum 6, Boris Red 4, Combustion 2008, Sapphire Effects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved