BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Approaching businesses – with whom should I speak?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason JenkinsApproaching businesses – with whom should I speak?
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 6:02:47 pm

My (not really) marketing up to this point, has been word-of-mouth, but last year I finally got realistic on my pricing and have consequently alienated some long term clients. I’ve been offering substantial discounts to them, but I’m getting vibes that another is going to drop me. Meanwhile, my local competition has been dropping their prices. One advertises promotional videos for as little as $500. I am more inclined to offer them for as little as $5,000. I don’t want to play the who-can-go-the-lowest game so I obviously need to upgrade my clients. With that in mind, I’m in the process of targeting some local, medium to large sized businesses to enlighten them on the benefits of my video services. My plan is to approach in person. Who should I aim to speak with? Marketing manager, HR manager? VP? Others? We also have some local hospitals that I would like to approach. Some are part of regional systems whose head offices may be elsewhere. Any advice on approaching hospitals? Thanks for your help!

Here is a little promo I did recently:

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: Approaching businesses – with whom should I speak?
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 8:51:34 pm

It's always best to be known as the best in town instead of the cheapest in town. It means you can work less, make more and add to your reel or ego with every project. That's hard to do with grinder gigs.
As far as who to talk to, it depends on the inity you are marketing to. There is no template. Research is your buddy. You can usually find who to speak to by name some place on their web sight. If no luck there, you'll find great value in being very cool to the receptionist who answers your cold calls and simply asking who to speak to. They will indeed usually tell ya.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved