BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Client asking for quote for Workcover induction on construction site

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David SeeClient asking for quote for Workcover induction on construction site
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 6:42:45 am

Hi all,

Not sure how it works in other countries, but here in Australia WorkCover oversees/governs Occupational Health and Safety matters on construction sites, amongst other things.

I have been asked to submit a quote by my client as to how much it will cost them to have me attend an induction day on their new construction site for Workcover.

Was wondering how I should charge...should I quote a normal day rate, or - seeing as I will not be using video production equipment - should it be a lesser rate?

Cheers,

DS

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Client asking for quote for Workcover induction on construction site
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 3:51:52 pm

David,

If the event eats up most of an entire work day, bill them at your day rate. However, if you get the impression that doing so might put the rest of the project in jeopardy, then bill them for some portion of your day rate, such as half a day or two-thirds of a day. Winning the war is certainly better than winning a small battle.

However, the above is predicated on your charging enough for your time in the first place, and I see from your new post below that you're not so sure about that. If you're not sure, then I'm not nearly as certain about my advice above. So, why don't you lay it on us, and just divulge what you do charge?

The other David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Bruce BennettRe: Client asking for quote for Workcover induction on construction site
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 5:12:41 pm

I would equate this as a location scout with my Videographer/DP. Charge half your normal day rate.

Bruce

Bruce Bennett
Bennett Marketing & Media Production, LLC

Creative Inspiration
Documentaries for those who love to create … and to be inspired.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]