BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

complete tv series FS

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grinner hestercomplete tv series FS
by on Jul 16, 2009 at 1:01:36 pm

As many of you know, I have put millions of dollars into Moddin' Art over the years in my time alone.
the complete show can be seen here:
I have been trying to sell this show as a series with no representatin for several years and am in a position now where I simply have to generate some revenue so I can stay afloat.
I am offering the whole enchelada to serious buyers. This means all 10 hours of finished content on BetaSP, all 100 hours of raw footage on HDV, the Registered Trademark and the Copyright. The entire series (including for one flat fee of $250k.
Serious inquires only.
email me with intrests: grinnervision at
or call 314.265.7293

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: complete tv series FS
by on Jul 16, 2009 at 4:01:23 pm

Seems like something you would see on G4 channel or SPEED tv, or even the History channel given the classic cars involved. All those sponsors listed - did they all give you support for production?

Why don't you do a blog about the show, your experience getting sponsors and the production process, and include clips of the show. I know you're trying to sell the show, no promote it, but blogs have provided me with some unexpected google results and the occasional phone call out of the blue. A lot of keywords (mustang, shelby etc) given the COW's near-instantaneous google indexing might get you some eyeballs on your site.

Are there other web shows like this?
Do you get a lot of traffic on your site currently?
What about approaching a car enthusiast magazine about including a free DVD with an issue.

We have found with some of our books that if you find someone who wants to buy 1000 copies you can cover some of your costs.

Do you sell a lot of DVD copies of your shows?

If you sign up for ISBN numbers you can get your stuff listed with Amazon. Searching "classic cars" yields 233 results. Amazon takes a percentage and you drop ship just the units sold you you don't have to provide inventory in advance.

We have sales on a regular basis from Amazon - not huge numbers but money coming in is the goal

These are some ideas - you may have been through all this already but you never know. We all have different perspectives and experience.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: complete tv series FS
by on Jul 17, 2009 at 3:50:17 pm

Hi, Mike.
While there are many car enthusiasts shows, both on the web and on cable, there is no show shot in first-person like Moddin' Art. I have prominant channels on sites like, WebRidesTV, youtube, vimeo, ect and the show has been featured, listed and mentioned in several car enthusiast magazines. These just promote the site and move a few DVDs though. The DVDs are just business cards for the show, in my eyes. I lose money on those as I make em one at a time and have more than what I sell em for in em by the time I ship em. I never wanted to be in the DVD sellin' business.
SPEED shows intrest in the show and has allowed me to pitch it 5 different times but they have passed on it each time then added a new show with a guy with a camcorder each time. lol This has been my weakness... handing show concepts away due to signing a submission release and pitching without representation. I never picked up an agent for this show as it's such a nitche market in their eyes that they themselves would have to be an enthusiast to get the selling point of this show... and that's it's first-person perspective.
I managed to get a few nibbles as result of offering it up as a package. Looks like I'll get to keep ownership. I like that. I've literally been shooting this one since 1987.

Return to posts index

Chris BlairRe: complete tv series FS
by on Jul 18, 2009 at 9:40:51 pm

Grinner...there's a production company here in our town that has produced a car show for a number of years. It's called My Classic Car. It wasn't a show I was the least bit interested in nor did I think they had particularly high production values, but it was professional enough and they had a host with a funny handle-bar mustache that drew attention. I'm not sure it's still in production, but it too was a niche show.

You might give them a call and just see if they have a interest. The production company is called Bradley David Productions and here's their website.

Their site lists 4 programs they're producing...but I'm only aware of 2 that are actually airing at the moment.

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: complete tv series FS
by on Jul 20, 2009 at 5:04:20 pm

He's a cool dude. He's the Pringles guy, if you didn't know.
Not much to the show, really. They just go from car show to car show having dudes tell him about their modifications. While it's much like watching paint dry, he did manage to get it on Speed for a while which is more than I have been able to do. He made an appearence in my Volume One DVD about 5 years ago. He's changed production companies a couple of times but that's how he was able to get to Speed... through a company that already had in roads.
Most of BD's shows use the same template, if you wanna call it that. While my show's appeal is that is totally improvised, this, so far, has also been what sends agents and networks running.

Return to posts index

Chris BlairRe: complete tv series FS
by on Jul 20, 2009 at 7:49:26 pm

Oh I totally agree with you. I just thought they may have an interest in partnering with you somehow on a pitch or in continuing it somehow.

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved