BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Stock Footage Question.

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon RoughanStock Footage Question.
by on Jul 14, 2009 at 1:59:05 pm

Hope this is in the right forum. Had a look around and couldn't find any that were more relevant, and since this is where all the big boys hang out...
Im looking to find stock footage of people of differant nationalities dressed in national costume saying "hello" to the camera in their own language. Does anyone know if such a thing exists? I've naturally googled till the cows came home, but with no success. I could of course shoot this myself with massive outlay of time and organisation, (I need about 10 examples) but I'd rather not, if at all possible.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Eric ChristiansRe: Stock Footage Question.
by on Jul 15, 2009 at 1:32:17 pm

Hello Simon,

If money is not a problem, ThoughtEguity Stock Footage comes to mind as does National Geographic Digital Motion. You might have to give them a call and get a sales representive to help you with your searching.
My apologies on not listing any websites but my HD crashed last week and all my weblinks and favorites were lost...

Another alternative, and this may or may not be cheaper, is to hire some local acting talent and shoot them yourself. Contact a costume shop in your area to get right apparel for each nationality and with a little searching online you can find pronuncuations for the word "hello" in different languages. Even cheaper would be to shoot head shots of the acting talent so that you have less to rent from the costume shop. If acting talent pool in your area is underpar, you can contact community centers, churches and even lawyers that handle immigration cases and see if they can put you on the right path to find the nationalities you need.
If you can, see if you can get names and numbers of court language interpreters in your area. We have use them on commercial projects when we need two or three language versions of a commercial we are producing.
Sidenote: I was on a promotional shoot a couple of months ago to get reactions from a local lawyer who won a community service award for her pro-bono work she has done for years for immigrants in our area. It was there that I met a man she had help who had a strong, distinguished voice with a beautiful russian accent. After chatting with him for a bit I got his name and number for futher use.

Hope this helps you out.
Eric Christians
Rochester, MN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved