BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Handling Bad Weather

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg BallHandling Bad Weather
by on Jul 9, 2009 at 8:42:59 pm

We're shooting a promotional video for a landscaping company and I'm concerned about rain during the shoot. I'm sub-contracting a crew and equipment. What do you guys do in the event of a rain out during a shoot. Does the client pay? How do you charge them? Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Handling Bad Weather
by on Jul 9, 2009 at 9:47:03 pm

I would compare this to showing up at a hospital and the patient doesn't show up for the operation I was supposed to film.

The client pays. Especially if you have out of pocket expenses, such as a plane ticket or a freelance crew. They may ask for a break, since you spent 1 hour instead of 12 - work that out on a case by case basis.

But if weather is a concern, discuss this ahead of time and come to a written agreement with the client.

You tend to only eat the cost of something if it was mostly your fault.

And if you can be blamed for the weather, then you must have signed this contract:

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Greg BallRe: Handling Bad Weather
by on Jul 9, 2009 at 9:52:56 pm

Thanks Mike, my contract (I'm not referred to as Dummy) says:

If the shoot is cancelled or postponed less than 48 hours in advance for any reason including but
not limited to weather, (Client's Name) is responsible for all shooting fees
as outlined in the proposal, and any other fees incurred by (Production Company) This
includes but is not limited to travel costs and equipment rentals.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Handling Bad Weather
by on Jul 10, 2009 at 12:12:06 am

I really have created a monster, haven't I?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved