BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Businesss deal/royalty contract

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chadwick Chennault
Businesss deal/royalty contract
on Jul 7, 2009 at 2:04:34 pm

Hello All,

I have a client for whom I am producing a Yoga training video series. My client would like me to help him find a contract template. My client wishes to create an arrangement whereby he will provide funds to produce the video training series, but the Yoga instructor will own the final product and pay my client royalties.

I have been to Mark Litwick's website. I have perused the titles of the contracts offered in his books, but I have not come across any titles that seem like they are appropriate to my client's needs.

Have any of you come across such a contract template?

Do any of you have any suggestions as to a different type of contract or business arrangement that may work for my client?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: Businesss deal/royalty contract
on Jul 7, 2009 at 3:05:37 pm

When real money is involved a real contract from a real lawyer is much cheaper in the long run than any problems not covered by a template. (But what do I know? I'm not a lawyer -- just someone repeatedly not playing one here on the COW.)

Return to posts index

Bruce Bennett
on Jul 7, 2009 at 10:53:41 pm

I agree with Nick. This is too serious of an undertaking NOT to involve a lawyer. Running a successful business costs money. Attorney fees are a line item in the overall budget and business plan. Annie up.

Good Luck!
Bruce

Bruce Bennett
Bennett Marketing & Media Production, LLC

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
on Jul 7, 2009 at 11:27:37 pm

[Nick Griffin] "But what do I know? I'm not a lawyer -- just someone repeatedly not playing one here on the COW."

Yes, but you don't play one so very well, Nick.

;)

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]