BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

BBC/ITN Copyright

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James WrightBBC/ITN Copyright
by on Jun 29, 2009 at 4:01:56 pm

First, im not trying to flout the copyright law, if i cant use certain footage i simply wont use it, but i was hoping someone might be able to help with me understand any ways which can get round my problem.

Right, got a documentary, at the start ive got about a 1 min of footage made up from bbc/ITN news footage mainly between 2002-2006. Ive followed up the archives they have but i'd be looking at £400 for the 30 sec bbc clips, then another £250 for ITN.

The clips i currently have are from a website supporting the cause my doc is about, these are mainly VCR recordings when the news segment was aired.

Is their any way of getting round the copyright for use for the doc which would be screened in festivals, because i simply cant afford/justify the money for such a small piece of the film.

Return to posts index

Gav BottRe: BBC/ITN Copyright
by on Jun 30, 2009 at 4:46:58 am

Edit it so that you only use one source (either ITN or the Beeb)

Then give them a call and beg.

Posted rates are not the only rates they charge - but as far as I am aware you can't use it without thier permission in some form.

The Brit in Brisbane
The Pomme in Production - Brisbane Australia.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved