BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Producer 101 Text or website

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chadwick ChennaultProducer 101 Text or website
by on May 26, 2009 at 7:43:53 pm

Hello All,

My wife has generously offered to produce a Yoga instructional video I am creating for a client. While I have many years experience in video production and post production, none of it is in the role of producer. My wife has experience as a theatre producer, but no video production experience. For this particular job, she will mostly be generating and managing contracts and licenses as well as keeping the books.

Can anyone recommend a book or website that will help my wife brush on the particulars of being a video producer? I am especially interested in resources that offer sample contracts and talent releases.

Many thanks,

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Producer 101 Text or website
by on May 26, 2009 at 8:16:13 pm

Here's a great place to start Chadwick. Mark Litwack's book of contracts has many good legal forms that can be doctored to your own specs. Have you wife memorize everything on his website and have her come here for additional advice.

David Roth Weiss
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved