BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

New business approch

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard CardonnaNew business approch
by on May 22, 2009 at 12:09:11 am

I want to send a proposal telling a prospective client of my system and of my interest in putting it through a real world project to test the equipment, personnel and work flow.

I will offer him a better price if the end result is what i expect and no charge if its not.(if this would be the case I would give him a low resolution copy)

What are your opinions on this.

R Cardonna

P.S.I just configured a system with 4 cameras (z1 and fx1) and a software vision mixer(switcher)(I am a professional content producer) I tried the system and it works great but i have not put it through real world test namely a project.

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: New business approch
by on May 22, 2009 at 5:54:45 am

Just do it for free, learn and apply next time. your client won't care what gear or people you ultilize. They just care about their video and they are not going to want to pay you to learn how to do it.

Return to posts index

Franklin McMahonRe: New business approch
by on May 22, 2009 at 3:33:54 pm

I remember I was one of the first people to get a digital SLR many years ago and I had just started a photography division and promoted "shooting with digital!" a lot because everyone else was still using film. I finally realized that clients did not really care that I was using digital, they just wanted great pics.

It was then I realized that potential clients don't really care about equipment, even though we get all tingly talking about it. So I agree...leave the equipment talk out of it. Its more about the vision and your talents.

Franklin McMahon / Host PODCAST
Creative Cow Podcast Page
Creative Cow Podcast in iTunes

Franklin on Facebook
Franklin on Twitter
Franklin on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: New business approch
by on May 22, 2009 at 10:23:30 pm

The proposal is what we call a "spec" project. Typically a spec is done for free, sometimes, for ad agencies, some money may change hands anyway, if they decide they really like something. But for the original poster, I'd just offer to do something for free, as you say, "to test it out". Don't bring up money at all. If you thought this would be a clever way to talk someone into a paying gig, I would not advise that approach. Just make it a straight-up pro-bono.

Fast and easy way to test your rig; any of the open mic nights that happen every weekend in any city; call up the sponsoring venue and say you're willing to tape the night and give them a free DVD, just for the practice. Later, the bands might hit you up individually for paying gigs, based on seeing your results.

Return to posts index

Kerry BrownRe: New business approch
by on May 23, 2009 at 2:25:12 am

How do you handle the "copyright" issue when recording bands?

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved