BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

NLE turnkey providers?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd TerryNLE turnkey providers?
by on May 21, 2009 at 7:22:43 pm

Hey gang....

I know this sounds like a tech question (and yes I posted it in the Matrox forum as well), but it's really a business question, as I'm looking for a good reliable vendor...

I wanna upgrade one of my SD suites to HD... I'd kinda like another Matrox system to allow for better conversation with our other HD suite which presently runs CS3 on on a Boxx via Matrox AXIO LE.

Our original turnkey Matrox system was built by ProMAX, right before their very unexpected demise. Now that they have resurrected, I'd be happy enough to go back to ProMAX for another system... but it doesn't look like they are quite as hot-n-heavy a Matrox vendor as they used to be. They offer the RT.X2 on their website, but not the AXIO LE.

When one of our guys called ProMAX just to talk about some options, they were really pushing AJA hard. Hard. I know everyone loves AJA, but I had a really bad experience with a previous AJA XENA system and am really leaning back toward another AXIO.

So... all that to say, can anyone recommend a good source for a turnkey Matrox system? Any vendors that you've used and are happy with (even if they built other flavors of NLEs)?

Much thanks,

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: NLE turnkey providers?
by on May 21, 2009 at 8:17:02 pm

Might be a dumb question, but have you contacted Matrox directly for a VAR recommendation?

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

Read my Blog!

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!

Return to posts index

Todd TerryRe: NLE turnkey providers?
by on May 21, 2009 at 9:55:15 pm

[walter biscardi] "but have you contacted Matrox directly for a VAR recommendation?"

Thanks Walter...

No, actually we haven't... this time.

We've done that in the past though, trying to get recommendations of VARs from various OEMs (not just Matrox). We've surprisingly found that not to be a super-reliable way to get advice. In the past often some of them were hesitant to recommend a particular VAR, obviously for fear of distressing the other resellers they also work with. And in a couple of instances I got the very distinct impression that the recommendations were simply for the VAR that they were most aggressively/financially in bed with, rather than the ones that delivered the technically best and supported systems.

Might be worth trying again, though...

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: NLE turnkey providers?
by on May 21, 2009 at 9:25:30 pm

Todd, I e-mailed you offline with a contact you may be able to use.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Steve EisenRe: NLE turnkey providers?
by on May 22, 2009 at 3:13:55 am

Answered in the Matrox Forum.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: NLE turnkey providers?
by on May 22, 2009 at 5:23:23 am

Todd,

If I were you, I'd give Cow leader Lyn Norstad of Lyn Norstad & Associates (LNA) a call. Lyn's company (in Chicago) has been in business forever, and he's one of the top Axio dealers around. He's a long-time friend and one of the most honest VARs there is.

Hope this helps...

David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index

Todd TerryRe: NLE turnkey providers?
by on May 22, 2009 at 2:26:28 pm

Thanks David...

Yeah, I just learned of Lyn last night. Even though I'm a Matrox user I don't usually haunt the Matrox forum, so I wasn't familiar with him. Two or three fellow COWs have now mentioned him to me, and that's a pretty darn good sign.

We'll give him a shout... thanks...

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]