BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Need a disclaimer

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.Need a disclaimer
by on May 7, 2009 at 6:45:43 pm

I am producing a new show. It's hosted by a certified fitness coordinator for the secret service. He talks about fitness and nutrition, exercise etc..

What type of disclaimer do i need to put before the show?

I know it should say consult your physician before doing anything you hear on the show, but is there something else?

Return to posts index

steven matthewsRe: Need a disclaimer
by on May 8, 2009 at 8:04:35 am

We have such a thing for our fitness videos. I'll dig it out for you later today and, if no-one has replied to you in the meantime, I'll send it across to you.

(Contracts & Compliance person at, &

Return to posts index

Brendan CootsRe: Need a disclaimer
by on May 9, 2009 at 5:15:45 am

I would think you definitely need to state that the video is for entertainment purposes only. This seems to be common in "educational" content so that people can't sue because the information was construed as advice.

First and foremost you should really consult a lawyer on something like this, not a forum. People like to sue and I wouldn't mess around.

Brendan Coots

Splitvision Digital

Return to posts index

Sam Lesante Jr.Re: Need a disclaimer
by on May 12, 2009 at 5:24:58 pm

Thanks Brendan,

I was just checking if anyone had already gone through the lawyer process and came up with a universally accepted disclaimer

Hopefully Stephen has such a thing :) (Fingers Crossed + Toes)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved