BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Soul Searching

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron CadieuxSoul Searching
by on Apr 27, 2009 at 2:57:00 pm

Hey guys,

My apologies for wasting the time of everyone on this forum. What I have said in regards to my employer would get me fired if they ever read it. It was in very poor taste for me to say the things I have said, and there is no excuse for it. I should know better than to gripe to strangers. I can see how what I've said would anger anyone with employees of their own. I'm sure that the moderators of this forum treat their own employees with the utmost respect and fairness. If one of those employees were to make remarks similar to mine, I wouldn't blame any of you for firing them. Again, my apologies for wasting your time. Rest assured that any posts I make on this forum in the future will not be in regards to my full-time job.

Thanks, and best regards,

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Soul Searching
by on Apr 27, 2009 at 3:23:59 pm

We all learn most from the things we screw up, Aaron. I can well remember screwing up a job that I had long ago by complaining about the boss. As I look back on it today, while the circumstances were not exactly the best job I ever had, they weren't as bad as they appeared at the time. One of the things that I remember learning from the whole experience was that as I stared continuously at the things I didn't like, they became greater and greater; while the things that the guy did for me and brought to the company, I totally let slip from my viewpoint. It's funny, now Kathlyn and I are the bosses and everybody in our company makes more than we do. Everyone. Especially our lawyers. :o) We get the most weight and bear the greatest risk and yet at the end of the day, we clear the least of anyone in our company. I am NOT saying that is the case with your boss, but just remember that in whatever life brings your way in the days ahead, the appearance of things is not always what we suspect. When it is what it appears, learn from it and/or move on. When it isn't, then it's time to really learn from it.

Thanks for the post.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Soul Searching
by on Apr 27, 2009 at 9:09:46 pm

I had a job that I really hated too. And i griped to EVERYONE about it. But this was before the forums really took off, so it was to private individuals. Anyway...I hated this job with a passion. But, I needed the work and it was great pay, so I stayed.

Until the day I was fired. Yup...I made a mistake. Well, three mistakes. Big ones. This is what comes from not liking your tend to make more mistakes than a job you love. And while I was devestated at first, when I left I actually felt better. I felt GREAT! No longer would I have to go to that job...the one that made me physically ill the instant I walked into the building.

I was out of work for 2 weeks, then found another job...a better one. One that I enjoyed, with people I could get along with.

Leave while you can...on your terms.

Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Steve WargoRe: Soul Searching
by on Apr 28, 2009 at 8:17:26 am

Most people who are miserable at work are miserable because they don't deal with their problems properly. Many are too meek and timid to discuss anything with their employer and the problems become unbearable over time. If you're working for someone that you can't talk to, it's always best to move somewhere you can.

Good luck and keep on chugging

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved