BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Price of time

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roy SchneiderPrice of time
by on Apr 24, 2009 at 12:53:57 am

Hi All:
I am developing a series of programs about entrepreneurship and trying to keep my option open on the where to air aspect. We have some potential sponsors, so one option is to just buy the time on either CNBC, MSNBC or Fox Business. Does anyone have any contacts at Ad Sales for any of these nets, and does anyone have any idea what a 30 min national ad buy on one of these nets might run.

Our other option is PBS which would be a great venue, but we would like to retain as many rights as possible. Any thoughts would be great.

Roy Schneider
Long Live Da Cow!

Return to posts index

Steve WargoRe: Price of time
by on Apr 24, 2009 at 1:14:19 am

These days, I would buy 1 and 2 minute slots and direct the audience to a website where the real program plays. You could have a questionnaire on the site that asks people when and where to air your program.

The problem with TV time buy is that the audience has to be sitting in front of their TV at the very time that you have chosen to show your program. However, a friend of mine, Dean Grazioli, has been on TV every day for 20 years and he is doing quite well.

I will contact him and see if he wants to discuss this with you. Dean sells a book on buying real estate and grossed 70 million last year.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved