BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Anyone have experience with video Podcast “spot/sponsor” rates?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce BennettAnyone have experience with video Podcast “spot/sponsor” rates?
by on Apr 23, 2009 at 3:50:29 pm

Some of the video Podcasts that I download have “TV spots” in the beginning of the program. For example, Simply Ming (a television cooking show) has something like, “This episode of Simply Ming is sponsored by… and by… and by.”

I know that the costs charged to advertisers/sponsors depend on a lot of variables (package purchases with the on-air versions, Website banner buy combos, amount of Podcast subscribers, free versus pay for Podcast, etc.).

It would be nice to know some particular video Podcasts and what it costs to place/purchase ads in them. Has any one here purchased such Podcast spots/sponsorships? Or know of any on-line rate cards for Podcasts?

Thank you,

Bruce Bennett
Bennett Marketing & Media Production, LLC

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: Anyone have experience with video Podcast “spot/sponsor” rates?
by on Apr 23, 2009 at 4:30:25 pm

Bruce this is all so new and viewers vary so much that there is just not a template for this yet.
In my birthing stages of aquiring sponsorships for my clips, I have to admit I have made up pricing on the fly. I go into the pitch as if I have a rate card but by the end of the conversation, I'm taking whatever I can get and that aint much... yet.
I'd venture to guess where it all lands will be a price based on views... not a monthly fee type of thing. Again, there is no norm on this either... not even in television anymore. Our local Cable Co. now charges about 18 cents per 30 second spot. This means they are doing the same... haggling for numbers. They will lose and webbage will win so I'd think 5 cents per view is a good haggle point to start at. You could base it off of what local ineffective television ads run and use that as barter fodder.

Return to posts index

Rich RubaschRe: Anyone have experience with video Podcast “spot/sponsor” rates?
by on Apr 24, 2009 at 2:25:29 am

Hey Bruce; Sign up right now for the Spring Seminar for Madison MCA-I. Marcelo Lewin is coming to specifically talk about exactly this. He has been doing it for several years and has a wealth of info. Worth every penny and he will absolutely discuss dollars and sense with you. He is a "radically transparent" guy and does not hide his cards.

We are formulating our social media video production strategy right now...coming along nicely and lots of interest.

BTW, I make a BluRay disc of the ACUM 100th. I will drop it in the looks superb!

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved