BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

How to price a beverage company

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
Jeremie SterlinHow to price a beverage company
by on Mar 27, 2009 at 6:03:58 pm

Hi,

I'm going to import alcohol into the US and sell it wholesale. I'm trying to figure out how to price my company. Do I need a beverage broker? How do I come up with a pricing structure for my company?

Thank everyone,

-Jeremie

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: How to price a beverage company
by on Mar 27, 2009 at 7:31:34 pm

Ummm... huh?? We're a bit more about the business and marketing side of film, video and other creative enterprises here than we are about regular business questions - especially one of corporate valuation. As far as alcohol products go, most of us here at the Cow are experienced with what happens after the beverage is sold. We drink it.

But, what the hell, I'll take a brief stab at your questions.

I would guess that the best course of action for determining the value of your company would be a small-business savvy accountant. I mention business-savvy because value is a lot more than just numbers.

Regarding whether you'll need a broker I have to believe that importing any form of alcohol is VERY complicated. Not only does each state have different laws, often counties in the same state have widely different laws. Like I said, it's complicated. Have you considered going into the video production business? It has fewer laws pertaining to it and most places you can consume it 24 hours a day.

"Some people say that I'm superficial. But that's just on the surface."

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: How to price a beverage company
by on Mar 27, 2009 at 7:59:25 pm

I would imagine there are alcohol importer consultants and/or manufacturers reps. There must be a trade association for the beverage industry who may be able to send you in the right direction.

Perhaps you can send several cases of whatever you are selling to the moderators of this forum. We'd like that!

Good luck.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: How to price a beverage company
by on Mar 28, 2009 at 1:47:29 pm

When a freelance vidiot does not know what his services are worth, he's not ready to charge for them yet.
When a company owner with an overhead is planning an international move but doesn't know the price points of his own products, man that's full circle back to good tv.
Can I bring my camera and piggy back you on this venture?

Return to posts index

Timothy AllenRe: How to price a beverage company
by on Mar 28, 2009 at 8:33:49 pm

Please send samples of all products to my address for full testing and evaluation.

-
Timothy D. Allen
http://www.timdan.com

Return to posts index

Arnie SchlisselRe: How to price a beverage company
by on Mar 28, 2009 at 8:49:58 pm

Ahh, the good old days... Once upon a time, all you needed was a speed boat and a Thompson gun.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: How to price a beverage company
by on Mar 28, 2009 at 11:21:44 pm

[Jeremie Sterlin] "I'm going to import alcohol into the US and sell it wholesale. How do I come up with a pricing structure for my company?"

It really depends on if you want the company liquid.

:o)

Man, I am really sorry guys -- I just couldn't pass that one up.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: How to price a beverage company
by on Mar 29, 2009 at 1:58:48 am

rim shot and room sigh

Return to posts index

Kevin ReinerRe: How to price a beverage company
by on Mar 30, 2009 at 10:02:48 pm

I too am having this problem with importing alcohol into my system (even after several cache purges). I have read the manual, but to no avail. Any help?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Arnie SchlisselRe: How to price a beverage company
by on Mar 31, 2009 at 1:36:13 am

[Kevin Reiner] "I too am having this problem with importing alcohol into my system (even after several cache purges). I have read the manual, but to no avail. Any help?"

Have you actually taken the cork off of the bottle? I've found that helps. Also, when putting the bottle to your lips, it seems that you may need to tip the bottle so that the bottom is higher than the mouth.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]