BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Market Survey....

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon ZanoneMarket Survey....
by on Mar 5, 2009 at 3:53:25 pm

All -

I've been asked by a client to provide a market survey to judge the value of services I provide. I'm not sure how to provide this information. Anyone have any tips on how to gather this information? I can post what I do if people would respond, either on the forum or privately.

Thanks for any help / advice...

Jon

"Jamming our heads full of figures and angles
And telling us stuff that we already know"

Willie The Wandering Gypsy & Me
Billy Joe Shaver

Return to posts index

Chris BlairRe: Market Survey....
by on Mar 6, 2009 at 3:51:04 am

Heck...do what I do when a client asks me for something I have no idea how to do. Google it! I had to make a business pitch to a defense company a few weeks back. The guy that runs the company was the best-man at my wedding!

I had to read a 40 page document about their business and all the rules and regulations in dealing with the military and government entities before pitching..and you I had to communicate that I understood their business and their challenges in the pitch if we were to have any shot at the work.

I must've spent 20 hours online reading about defense companies and how they market and who they market to etc. Then another 5-6 hours writing and preparing the pitch.

Unfortunately it came down to us and another much larger company and we didn't get the gig. But it was still a great experience and my friend is excited about using us for other projects down the line that the other company doesn't provide (like video production).

Anyway...just research it a little and I guarantee you'll find something that you can use as "inspiration" for your client's request.

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN
http://www.videomi.com

Return to posts index

Mike SmithRe: Market Survey....
by on Mar 6, 2009 at 9:27:40 am

What are you charging for the market survey ...?

Return to posts index

Jon ZanoneRe: Market Survey....
by on Mar 6, 2009 at 10:32:38 pm

Uhhh...

Good point...

"Jamming our heads full of figures and angles
And telling us stuff that we already know"

Willie The Wandering Gypsy & Me
Billy Joe Shaver

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved