BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Voice needs

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd TerryVoice needs
by on Mar 2, 2009 at 4:30:56 pm

Hey guys...

This is not really a strict business question (and I'll probably ask it in one of the other forums as well), but a lot of you guys do similar work as I do, so I thought I'd hit up this crew... hope no one minds...

I'm looking for a narrator for a longer-form piece we are doing. It's a video for the Catholic church, a neat job we actually got from a contact here on the COW (and the coolest nun you'll ever meet). It's about the life of John Paul II.

We are exploring the use of two narrators, one for the bulk of the narration work, and another reading some of the writings of John Paul himself. I'll probably use Peter Thomas for the main part, but I would like a voice that sounds appropriate for the late Pope's part. Not someone trying to imitate him or anything, just appropriate, and someone with a diverse and complementary voice to Peter's.

An older strong voice with perhaps a faint accent (could be Polish, or Italian, or just "nondescript" European) would be perfect.

We have pretty good voice resources, but haven't found anyone to fit the bill. Anyone come to mind with you folks? Anyone you have worked with before?

Thanks!

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: Voice needs
by on Mar 2, 2009 at 5:01:24 pm

Todd-
One of the most talented VO people I've ever worked with is Peter Gil out of Washington, DC. He would be a good contrast with Peter Thomas' warmth and should have little problem with adding a mild accent.

Peter primarily does foreign languages - at which he is simply brilliant as Spanish speaking people swear he is one of their own as do French and Portuguese. AND he has a great vocal tone and command of vocal acting in English as well. His number is (301) 984-1247 and email: PGilVoz(at)AOL.com

Tell Peter I sent you.

Return to posts index

Todd TerryRe: Voice needs
by on Mar 2, 2009 at 7:11:49 pm

Thanks Nick... I'll give him a shout.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Mick HaenslerRe: Voice needs
by on Mar 3, 2009 at 1:28:52 pm

Tom Hanks!!

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

Todd TerryRe: Voice needs - THANKS NICK
by on Mar 3, 2009 at 9:40:50 pm

Hey Nick... thanks for the recommendation.

We've been in contact with Peter Gil, nice guy. A Polish American to boot, and being an admirer of John Paul's he will work for scale! He sent us an audition of our copy this morning. Probably still need to give him a fair bit of direction and have him work on it a bit, but I think we've found our man.

Much thanks,

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]