BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Burbank Film Permit Fees - Revisited

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Michael CapBurbank Film Permit Fees - Revisited
by on Feb 21, 2009 at 6:47:49 pm

A few months back I started a thread on this subject as Burbank updated it's Film Permit Ordinance to allow the use of hand-held cameras without a permit ($350 fee), providing no external lighting/audio gear was used. You can see that thread here:

Good News: I spoke again on this issue at Tuesday night's City Council meeting and this time I brought some help in the form of a fellow film/documentary maker who also happens to be a Burbank City Council candidate in our upcoming election (Barbara Sharp). I'm pleased to report the majority of the Council are now willing to revisit the Film Permit Fee issue for small-scale productions, and will soon be considering a more flexible Home Occupation Ordinance to allow low impact face-to-face client contact (2-3 trips/visits a day), for multimedia freelancers who choose to work from home. Below are links to video highlights for anyone interested:

(Council responses)

(My talk)

(Barbara Sharp)

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: Burbank Film Permit Fees - Revisited
by on Feb 22, 2009 at 2:16:13 pm

Silly way to waiste some tax dollars. Did they really think they were gonna stop grandpa on vacation with his handycam?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved