BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

actual business models

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jose Zeincactual business models
by on Feb 10, 2009 at 3:18:27 am

Hello, its been a while but im back, i am wanting to know if you guys could help me on what is the most used business model in cable network adquisition or development for a show to get picked up

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: actual business models
by on Feb 10, 2009 at 5:53:45 am

Dream-chasin' aint no business model, man. Don't try to make it one.
If you read this months creative cow magazine, you'll see an article on this very topic and it revolves around tenacity.
You'll either have an agent shop your concept, treatment or pilot for you ar, most likely, you'll create and pitch on your own. This means cold-calling galore and unless you just have the gift of gab, there is no avoiding NATPE, LATV Festival and show-shopping festivals of the like. These are conventions for pitchers and catchers. Not for the weak of heart but a full on adrenaline rush if you look at it the right way.
You'll get use to folks passing on your passion but it will never feel good. You'll discard the old 10 nos for every yes knowing it's more like 100 to 1 so you'll pick up the phone again quickly.

There are no templates on how to get to the person you need to speak to. Online directories are your buddy and frm there, you just have to be in a great freakin mood when you call. Do not catch somebody on the phone once you are burned out and fussy. Take a break and hit it again fresh.... happliy.

Outside of that all I can say is protect your work. I have learned the hard way that a no does not always mean they did not like it. If they see a way to utilize it without you in the loop, brother, they will.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved